ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new here. A couple days ago I cam across a 2007 STI limited. It has a salvage title due to theft, the brakes, tranny, seats, and turbo were taken off of it. The car has 25k miles and is not modded. He is selling the car for $9000 and im sure I could talk him down a little, but before I get too deep into it I was wondering what you guys thought about it. I've done some research and found all the listed missing parts for around $5000. I am usually leery about salvage titles, but for some reason this one doesn't seem to bother me. How much do you guys think it would cost to get a used tranny professionally installed?

Thanks in advanced!

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
do you plan on selling it down the road? if so- from what i've read salvaged titles are a huge headache.

if youre going to keep it for personal use then based on the info you gave me, i dont see an issue. are you SURE those are the only items that were stolen though? i'd hate for you to buy the car and find out much more is missing

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
You have to consider they may have driven it like they stole it (since they actually did).

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
If the tranny is gone, the bolts holding it in are gone.
Starter is probably gone.. Bolts for that
Brake caliper brackets/bolts for that
Seats.. Even with new ones you may have to deal with srs light issues..
Etc etc..

It is never just a matter of seeking parts and installing. There is always hidden things.. Piping, hose clamps, exhaust, bolts, brackets.. All that stuff seriously as stupid as it sounds adds value VERY quickly. If the trans is gone someone was dumb enough to leave the driveshaft, rear diff and axles? If not you left that off your list already.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I gotta know...what # Limited is it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you plan on selling it down the road? if so- from what i've read salvaged titles are a huge headache.
Yeah I would definitely be keeping for a long time if I get it.

If the tranny is gone, the bolts holding it in are gone.
Starter is probably gone.. Bolts for that
Brake caliper brackets/bolts for that
Seats.. Even with new ones you may have to deal with srs light issues..
Etc etc..

It is never just a matter of seeking parts and installing. There is always hidden things.. Piping, hose clamps, exhaust, bolts, brackets.. All that stuff seriously as stupid as it sounds adds value VERY quickly. If the trans is gone someone was dumb enough to leave the driveshaft, rear diff and axles? If not you left that off your list already.

Yeah I get what your saying and thats the part I'm hesitant about. After the $5000 in parts that I know I have to already get I only have $1000-2000 more I can spend on it so I'm thinking this may be too big of a project for me right now. And the driveshaft, rear diff and axles do come with the car I'm not sure if they are the original ones yet.

I gotta know...what # Limited is it?
I'm not sure I haven't asked that yet.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
2007 is a weird year for STis. I've seen several salvage

1 - 9 of 9 Posts