ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to this forum as I am about to buy an Manual 2007 Subaru Impreza RS hatchback.

I was previously a mk4 golf owner so I don't know to much about the Subaru's and I am planning on modifying the car when I get it (in two days) ... I would like to do performance, exterior and interior mods and was hoping I could get ideas and opinions from this to help me choose and make the right decisions

I definitely plan on getting a louder exhaust when I get it and some basic performance mods along with exterior to make it stand out more

I would really appreciate to hear your guy's thoughts, opinions, pictures and web links to help me out

·
Master linguitist
10,105 Posts
I don't know that there is a lot of performance options for the non turbo vehicles. It may be worth looking into that before expecting it.

Suspension and interior has all kids of options to build what you want. I think you'll enjoy the vehicle. Just make sure to have a really good inspection done and handle all of the problems when you get kt

·
Super Modulator
19,402 Posts
The base Impreza is not a good platform for performance modification. Look elsewhere.

Why not a WRX of that vintage? Big risk for modifying an old vehicle, but used WRX in the 2006-2007 range are in the $5000 at this point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know that there is a lot of performance options for the non turbo vehicles. It may be worth looking into that before expecting it.

Suspension and interior has all kids of options to build what you want. I think you'll enjoy the vehicle. Just make sure to have a really good inspection done and handle all of the problems when you get kt
OK cheers, I thought that there wouldn't be much performance wise as I've seen very little videos and websites that provide performance stuff for the rs. I will definitely look into the suspension and interior side if things tho thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The base Impreza is not a good platform for performance modification. Look elsewhere.

Why not a WRX of that vintage? Big risk for modifying an old vehicle, but used WRX in the 2006-2007 range are in the $5000 at this point.
Yeah I know but because I'm on my p's and live in NSW I can't drive the wrx as they are banned or p drivers but I definitely intend on getting a wrx when I'm of them for sure, thanks tho for your input, it does help me out with what to go with in the future

·
Super Modulator
19,402 Posts
If you are on a p-plate, I assume that you are very young.

You'd do best to save your money. Investing now will absolutely return the most for you later down the line. My $0.02.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are on a p-plate, I assume that you are very young.

You'd do best to save your money. Investing now will absolutely return the most for you later down the line. My $0.02.
I am 19 but I didn't get my p's until this year (red p's) because I never really took interest in driving when I got my L's (2016) but I see where your coming from and honestly your pretty right and I will start saving as it would be better... Thanks man :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts