ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey! i just bought me an 2007 STI! im new to the import car's so im going to need a little help! Im looking to be pushing 400whp! and need a little help on how to get there! Ive been looking at parts for the car, but which brand's will i get the bang for my buck! I just come home from a depolyment in Iraq, so i have some cash saved up for this! Thank you, Ryan

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
850cc injectors, FP Red, TMIC, methanol injection, header, downpipe, cat back, tgv delete, pnp intake manifold, inlet tube and a tune..

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
1,000cc injectors and e85 if you want that route...

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
What dyno? Contact the shop doing the tuning to ask them what it will take to hit 400whp on their dyno.

In general, you're looking at GT30R+ for turbo, 850+cc injectors (depending on fuel), other typical supporting modifications, and a built motor.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Congrats on the purchase Ryan. All too often people post this exact thread on here, and there's even a sticky addressing it.

At the end of the day, why do you want 400 whp? What's your car history in terms of what you've owned and what you've modded?

Do you also have money set aside to upgrade the brakes and suspension to handle that much power? If not, then you're getting way ahead of yourself.

·
Registered
188 Posts
400awhp. Willing to sacrifice your time, sanity and savings? haha
My block is built by Vigilant motorsports Sean is a great guy :) (actually great is an understatement)
I have a 3076r turbo kit from Ultimate racing and I get all my other parts from import image racing since I know the guy locally, he's a good guy too. Rallysport direct is nice but they always seem to be out of stock on EVERYTHING I order :/

I personally run Deatschwerks 1100cc sidefeeds. Your an 07 so you have top feeds IIRC those go up bigger

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
depending on fuel... you'll need a compressor housing that pushes at least high 40's lb/min, into the 50's. If you have e85 in your area, you can get to those numbers faster.

Why do you want 400whp? I'm doing a build right now that'll have me right below 400whp, but I'll have a tune that'll be much lower than that for daily driving. My high hp tune will be for my weekend motorsports fun.

You realize that 400whp is close to 500hp at the crank... right? That's a ton of power for a 4cyl car. You need to recognize the amount of time, and money that it'll take to get you there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! im loving all the great feed back! The reason i would like my car to be pushing 400whp is for a new toy! something else to have fun and play around with! like any normal guy! yes i do have a good chuck of cash saved up, like i said i just came home from a deployment in iraq! crappy place guys, i wouldnt go there and a vaction! ha, and for cars that ive owned in the past are a 81 Trans Am with a 383 small block storker in it. my dad and i built the engine from the ground up when i was 16, now (22). And another reason i want some much power, my buddy has this Mustang Mach 1 that i would love to smash into the ground with me STI, he's telling me that imports have no balls or power! so im trying to land on the ground running here, and all of you are helping out great! thank you for all the infomation and giving me things to reseach =)

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I can make a modded Mach 1 look stupid with my 315whp hell I just out ran a 2011 SS Camaro the other day.
^^

Modded WRXs are fast. A 20g turbo on your STi + supporting modifications... would obliterate your buddy's Mach 1.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks everyone! im loving all the great feed back! The reason i would like my car to be pushing 400whp is for a new toy! something else to have fun and play around with! like any normal guy! yes i do have a good chuck of cash saved up, like i said i just came home from a deployment in iraq! crappy place guys, i wouldnt go there and a vaction! ha, and for cars that ive owned in the past are a 81 Trans Am with a 383 small block storker in it. my dad and i built the engine from the ground up when i was 16, now (22). And another reason i want some much power, my buddy has this Mustang Mach 1 that i would love to smash into the ground with me STI, he's telling me that imports have no balls or power! so im trying to land on the ground running here, and all of you are helping out great! thank you for all the infomation and giving me things to reseach =)
What year is said Mach 1? Did your buddy modify it? If i remember correctly... The 03-04 Mach 1s were just non-supercharged cobras, I rmember when I had my tired, bolt-on, '94 vette, I raced against an acquaintance's 01 Cobra (non-supercharged) at the track. At around 4,500 ft altitude plus subpar track prep (PMP), I ran a 14.71, while he ran a 15.89. On paper, both cars seemed to be equal (similar power, not much weight difference)... The turbo vehicles definitely shine up here in high altitudes. Anyways, my point being, Mach 1s are not all cracked up to be. Do some tasteful mods (Stage 2), and you should be just fine. Heck, even stock you might get him. Race him at your local track (Both drag and road course if you can). Please drive safely.

Welcome home by the way. Thanks for serving our country.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He's going to super charge his Mustang, and he has a Bigger cam and on it. Ok stage 2 was what I WA thinking! And maybe a bigger turbo with a nice FMIC! I've been doing my research and this should give him a run for his money. He says he knows a track in AZ were going to stop by one the way back to base! No street racing! I don't need any tickets or hurting anyone. But thanks everyone a bunch! I will be sure to post some pics here soon! You guys rock !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts