ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys this has been one fun season. This is my second year doing AutoX. This season I made it my goal to basically get as much seat time as I could, so I've run both Philly's schedule and South Jersey's.

Today was Philly region's 10th event out of 12. I did manage to pull out a win today. I laid down a reasonable time on my second run, but it was nothing that wasn't bullet proof. I then coned away solid winning times on my third and fourth runs. On the fifth and last run of the day, my second run time was finally cought by little over two hundredths! :whoa: I'm now lining up for my last run with my fast runs (by over half a second) lost and I only need a few hundredths. I needed a clean run. I went out and hit my marks, didn't overdrive the car and laid down a solid time for first place! w00t!!

This win now means that even if I don't run that last two events and the guy in second wins both events, we would be tied in points, but I would take the season with the most number of wins! What a great season.

I also have the opportunity tomorrow to get the STX championship in South Jersey region. I am currently up four points on the next guy. Exciting stuff.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Congratulations JR! :wiggles: I never had a doubt you would take the top spot. Doing the same in SJR would be quite the accomplishment too.

Well done! Can you teach me how to drive now?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
All I can add is that before my suspension was tweaked, JR showed me what could be done with a wagon. It may or may not have been done on an open road and I may or may not have almost [email protected] his seats.

JR also put my wagon's suspension together, damn near singlehandedly (I kinda sorta helped, but mostly sweated out some viral infection and dry-heaved), and again, almost made me [email protected] my own passenger seat.

JR, you're a very accomplished driver, and despite making me almost pull the handles off my own roof a few weeks ago, the peeps got a Philly boy to watch out for in nationals next year.

Also, if you ever, ever have a few drinks in the middle of the woods in the deepest darkest night in Tioga County, go with him for a drive. :rotfl:

Big props, jigga!

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
24,012 Posts
Congrats on a job well done. :cool:

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Congratz!

This could be you some day! (ICY/Phoenix 1st victory at LRP... so much fun to watch)

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
Congrats, JR!

Also on your SJR championship :tongue:

I had no doubt you'd do it, especially after the first few times you whipped my tail ;)

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
That's fantastic, JR. Nice going! :)

·
3,726 Posts
Beers are on JR!! Congrats, brutha! :cool::cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts