Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 2 time subie owner proud owner of a 2007 subau impreza i would love to know mote about my car and the difference between mine and a sti version it has a ej255 motor and turboed so whas the difference and also i have a red i badge on my front bumper and steering wheel what exactly is that?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,959 Posts
Do you have the wrx or the standard impreza?

The 255 in the wrx has higher compression and different pistons, different turbo, different intake runner, the sti has dual avcs vs the wrx single, different intercooler, different suspension, different transmission, different differentials, different brakes, different axles, wheel bolt pattern is also different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure

Do you have the wrx or the standard impreza?

The 255 in the wrx has higher compression and different pistons, different turbo, different intake runner, the sti has dual avcs vs the wrx single, different intercooler, different suspension, different transmission, different differentials, different brakes, different axles, wheel bolt pattern is also different.
well it says impreza on the dash with a 5 speed trans...bad motor/car? or is it relatively close to sti its pretty fast guy said it made 300whp stage 2 motor down pipe full exhaust intake has the oil separator its supposedly tuned by JR still learning about the difference of wrx or imprezas i just wanna know if this car is worth it i want to put a sti wing and brakes i believe lug pattern is the same as my old BRZ 5x100 and i really just want to learn more about my car all i kknow is that it has a ej255 and im pretty happy with that being said

·
Super Moderator
10,959 Posts
well it says impreza on the dash with a 5 speed trans...bad motor/car? or is it relatively close to sti its pretty fast guy said it made 300whp stage 2 motor down pipe full exhaust intake has the oil separator its supposedly tuned by JR still learning about the difference of wrx or imprezas i just wanna know if this car is worth it i want to put a sti wing and brakes i believe lug pattern is the same as my old BRZ 5x100 and i really just want to learn more about my car all i kknow is that it has a ej255 and im pretty happy with that being said
Yeah, I personally like that body style and if its clean, rust free, and taken care of I would be proud to own it. I've got an sti from that generation on my shopping list.

Worth it is up to your budget. An 11 year old car that tends to get beat will have issues. However they are fairly repairable and failure modes known. The only real limit you might find over the sti is going to be the transmission. The sti 6 speed is far more robust and not as prone to grenade as the 5 speed. Good shifting and driving techniques will limit failures though.

Personally, I'd save money on the brakes and wing and use that money to start replacing belts, hoses, fuel and brake lines, and attacking anything that's old and worn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yessir as always i take very good care of my cars and personally like you said this body style to me stands out its like an sti with a more street look its bad to the bone thanks for the advice on replacing more oem type things that could cause problems in the future you have no idea how much you’ve helped me understand haha thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts