ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a cobb ap on order... just have a few questions. i currently have an 07 wrx with a stp high flow intake, and a stp cat back exhaust... does anyone know how much hp gain i should expect after stage 1 with the intake and exhaust? and can i run stage 2 with the cat-back or do i need the dp first?...(and also once installed will the cobb tell me my new hp and tq? or do i have to get a dyno for that info?)... thanks. any help or advice will be appreciated

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Read COBB's map notes, that'll tell you generally what power numbers you can expect and what parts are required.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
If you ever feel the urge to do a mod that's not mentioned in the map notes, you need a custom tune. The OTS maps are designed to work with the mods in the map notes on every 2007 WRX, and if you step outside those mods and run the same map there's potential for a decrease in performance, or worst case scenario, engine damage.

You can all but ignore the peak #'s that Cobb reports on their dyno, not because they're wrong, but because they will differ from dyno to dyno, location to location, etc... Peak GAINS will be similar however.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok cool... did some reading earlier on the maps for 2007. it seems to only have stage 1 available for (stock) and stg1 with a cobb sf, which one would i go with... is there a stage 1 for an stp? and will the exhaust even come into effect in stage 1? or not until i get a dp and stage 2...?

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
ok cool... did some reading earlier on the maps for 2007. it seems to only have stage 1 available for (stock) and stg1 with a cobb sf, which one would i go with... is there a stage 1 for an stp? and will the exhaust even come into effect in stage 1? or not until i get a dp and stage 2...?
from the cobb map notes: "Description: Intended for an otherwise stock vehicle with a stock or
cat-back exhaust
, and STOCK INTAKE SYSTEM ONLY. 91 or 92 octane
fuel."

if you want to use another intake, call cobb's customer support line & ask if it will be compatible.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
If you have a COBB SF intake, you can run the map that is built for the intake, otherwise just the stage 1 map. CBE has no effect on tune so you only need to flash to a stage 2 map if you add a downpipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts