Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Subaru WRX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question for the vets/highly educated guys in the engine management division.

So i aquired a 2006 wrx about 2 years ago now which had 78xxx miles on it with the only mods (as far as i could tell) being : a turbo back exhaust and a/o seperator. So naturally I bought an AV3 shortly after buying the car only to find out the ecu wont accept it. Now i know it wasnt the smartest move buying a car from an owner that had no idea what was previously done to the car but hey I was new to the game at the time and the price was to good to pass up. So I tryed calling cobb, I tryed taking it to a tuning shop to get them to diagnose it and tryed calling the previous owner again to flush out any info at all but still to no avail and still cant seem to marry it. So the shop and cobb are hinting towards it already has some sort of tune on it? an open source tune perhaps that is locking the ecu? So my big question is can i just wipe the ECU back to stock some way so i can finally install my accessport after 2 years or should/do I need to buy a whole new ecu and start from scratch?

Any help guys of course would be greatly appreciated, its been a long time coming i just want to finally

·
Æternum
16,144 Posts
It previously had an AP married to the ECU and that was improperly removed.

OpenSource tunes do not lock the ECU.

Contact Cobb -- you'll have to send them your ECU to have it restored OR you can just source a replacement ECU. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts