Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the p2444 code so I went ahead & tried to remove this stupid air pump. I wanted to remove the passenger valve and install the block plate there. I stripped the bolt (rookie mistake) holding the passenger valve so now I have no solution but to remove the uppipe. I dont feel like doing that this week so for now I thought closing the valve a different way. im going to use some of the pipe I removed and attach a cap at one end to seal it along with teflon tape. in the photo is the pipe ima use & the valve it is going on to. the driver side I am doing correctly since its very easy to remove it. Any other wiser ideas? I thought about cutting the pipe that goes under the intake manifold and just sealing it there instead of removing the uppipe but idk if anyone has a better way to do it? for now at least. I dont feel like doing it the correct way lol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
The one I did I put the blocking plate at the valve end for the passenger side. It is still a huge PITA but can be done. I only vaguely remember now but I think the plate was maybe a different part. The link I had posted back then is dead now...

Much more info here -
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/gener...valve-pump-issue-p0410-p1410-p2431-p2433.html

Edit - oops, I read it again. If you stripped one at the valve end you do have to do the UP. That rubber hose isn't going to cut it.

Maybe cut the hard line and plug it with JB Weld. I'd be worried about the metal shavings getting in the line and possibly the block.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so i forgot to mention that my passenger valve is shut right now. last night I drove about an hour with the cel on. after an hour on the freeway, and driving through the city I could smell the rubber burning since the valves were open. The cel went away on the way home. I did not smell any burned rubber when I was driving through my city to get home after driving an hour back on the freeway, so I concluded that this is a great moment to simply unplug the passenger valve & the valve will remain shut. I did connect that hose with cap you see at the top just incase. If i smell rubber again then I know something is wrong & I will correct it the right way. I ordered the block plates so I will be installing the driver side asap. My question is to cut the powers to both valves and the pump, Do i remove the air pump relay, & the fuse under the A/C Relay? There is a fuse named "air cut" I wasnt sure if that was involved with the secondary air pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.