ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this group but not new to Subaru. Just never really worked on them. Anyway I have a 2006 and have a leaking fuel line right by the the drivers side rear door and also a leaking brake line same place but on the passenger side of the car. Where do I find these lines to purchase? How hard is it to change these lines?

We bought this car brand new in 2006, my wife drove it for the first 6 years of its life. Then it got handed to my daughter who drove it through High School and college. When she graduated she bought a new car and I finally got the car back. Just now there is alot of work to get it back to decent running condition. Just trying to figure out if it is worth the time and money to do the few things that need done to it or should I just part ways with it.

On top of those issues it still has an evap leak somewhere in the engine compartment. Was going to take it to a subaru dealer to track that issue down once i get the braking and fuel system working again.

The body has 150K mile on it but the engine was replaced about 20k ago with an engine that only had 30k miles on it.

Sorry for the long winded story and hope someone can lead me in the right direction.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,103 Posts
Are those hard lines that are leaking?! That's rare. The dealer would be able to order them, I imagine, but a good shop would be able to bend new lines for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you just gave me an “ah ha” moment. The last time I had it in a shop they had it on a lift to do some brake work on the rear of the car.
You said it is rare for this to happen. Being that it is the same exact place for on both sides of the car I wonder if they had it on the lift wrong and it pinched my lines?

I do not remember a gas leak before it went there. But it has been about a year and a half since it was there. So it’s pretty hard for me to prove that they did it.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,103 Posts
Take a close (safe) look at the lines. If it looks like an idiot did this, then you know what happened. In any case, you still need to fix both lines. See if there are any good wrecks in your area, see if a shop can bend you new lines, or see if the dealer can help with new OEM lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts