Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, so recently I have been working on my 2006 sti, rough lol. So it overheated from a leak in my radiator. I ordered new radiator with fans and all its a nice yonaka high power radiator also did the thermostat. It seemed to fix the overheating problem for a week or so and today I was driving and it just started to rise, wasn't getting on it or anything. It then fell down slowly and soon began to rise again. The fans turn on and my motor was freshly rebuilt heads, new gaskets, new water pump, timing, all that fun stuff. Its 400whp on e85. 20g turbo fmic 850cc injectors intake and some misc mods. I burped the coolant for a solid 30minutes. The temp gauge needle maxed the gauge a couple times but didn't seem to be getting to warm. Since the thermostat, radiator, fans, and water pump were replaced im not sure what else it could be. The car doesn't leak any coolant either and I've checked the radiator multiple times and its still full. Any help is great thanks!!;)

·
Super Moderator
11,709 Posts
Have you checked your oil to make sure there isn't a head gasket leak? It may not cause it but overheating will cause warped heads and blown gaskets.

I would install a factory thermostat. I've not had luck with aftermarket units. Also maybe check the temperature sensor. There is a company that sells an in line piece you can put somewhere near the thermostat and verify the temperature is correct.

Is your heat working properly?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,709 Posts
started with both opened and ended doing the radiator
Try ending on the upper one if possible. I had to, to get mine right. Listen under the dash to see if you hear a gurgling sound. It's a good indicator if you got it. If not gurgle I wouldn't reburp.

At temp and idle do you have pressure in the sending and return hoses?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
If during the week you say it seemed to work fine, you were driving it long enough to get up to temp for a while, then I'd lean toward thermostat also since, besides the pump, it is the only moving part that can actually work then not work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.