1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
It's an Exedy OEM replacement clutch, so it's good to go, but you need a new flywheel too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I think I will pick it up then decide if I can do it myself. Will it work just resurfacing the current flywheel? Most of the flywheels that I have seen cost more then the clutch kit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also in need of replacing my 06 WRX clutch. Just out of curiosity, why exactly do you need to replace the flywheel the same time you change the clutch? Could it be resurfaced?

I also consider myself pretty mechanically savvy, I've changed CV axles and a clutch in a Mustang and my WRX f/r swaybars, just wondering where i would be able to find a helpful guide for the WRX clutch replacement.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Thanks I think I will pick it up then decide if I can do it myself. Will it work just resurfacing the current flywheel? Most of the flywheels that I have seen cost more then the clutch kit.
Your flywheel is NOT serviceable. You MUST purchase a new flywheel.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I am also in need of replacing my 06 WRX clutch. Just out of curiosity, why exactly do you need to replace the flywheel the same time you change the clutch? Could it be resurfaced?

I also consider myself pretty mechanically savvy, I've changed CV axles and a clutch in a Mustang and my WRX f/r swaybars, just wondering where i would be able to find a helpful guide for the WRX clutch replacement.

Thanks for any help.
Subaru didnt allow the tolerances of a flywheel turn into the clutch design. So that means when your clutch wears out your flywheel is worn out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts