Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum and I’m in the market to buy a wrx. i was wondering which year wrx is better the hawkeyes or the stink eye wrx? I really like the look on the newer 11-14 since they are wider and look more aggressive and also seem more comfortable and more tech but I’ve heard the 06/07 are much “raw” is this true? Are they faster? To those who have driven both or owned please let me know. I’m looking forward to the answers thanks

·
something else forever
2,387 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong (plot twist: I usually am) but the 2007 STI seems to outperform the 2011-2014 STI in most areas.

I was in the same boat. I was cross-shopping a 2007 STI (stage Fun) and a 2014 WRX (stage None) and chose the newer car. It looks better (to me) and is lower profile. It is also a little more comfy.

If money was no object and I had a 2nd car (so I can turn the Hawkeye into a pure track car) then it would be a 2007 STI without hesitation.

Good luck! :D

Welcome to the forums! :D

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum and I’m in the market to buy a wrx. i was wondering which year wrx is better the hawkeyes or the stink eye wrx? I really like the look on the newer 11-14 since they are wider and look more aggressive and also seem more comfortable and more tech but I’ve heard the 06/07 are much “raw” is this true? Are they faster? To those who have driven both or owned please let me know. I’m looking forward to the answers thanks
Personal preference. The "tech" in the 11-14 isn't impressive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own an 07 wrx and I've driven a few hatchbacks. The GD cars are definitely more "raw" and they're tiny. Also the 06-07 WRX got the best brakes subaru ever put on a WRX. After 07 they definitely went backwards IMO with the brakes.

·
Æternum
15,576 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts