ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I need help with what I will need for putting an upgrade turbo in my Wrx don’t know what I need new intercooler/injectors etc..

·
BooSTIng
2,676 Posts
Before you consider upgrading your turbo, you need to be sure that your engine is healthy enough to handle a larger turbo. Your car is 14-15 years old.

Have you performed all required maintenance?
What all mods are currently done to the car?
Why do you want to upgrade your turbo?

A lot needs to be addressed before you just slap a new turbo on that old of a car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx nothing is done to the car I have done the required maintenance on it and just for more power and pick up

·
BooSTIng
2,676 Posts
So if I am understanding you correctly, the car is bone stock.

There is a lot you can do before just jumping into a bigger turbo. These options should all be exhausted before leaving everything stock and just jumping up the turbo.

For example: Downpipe, catback, uppipe, tmic, intake, injectors, fuel pump, 3 port ebcs, turbo inlet, EL exhaust manifold, tgv deletes..... well you get the idea.

Of course I wouldn't throw anything on the car without doing a leakdown/compression test first to make sure everything is good. And even if it is good right now, expect engine failure at some point once you start pushing the envelope on the modifications and more power, even on the stock turbo. Like we already established, this is a 14 year old car with what I would assume has over 100k miles.

·
Æternum
19,595 Posts
There is a lot YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DO, NO NEGOTIATION before just jumping into a bigger turbo. These options should all be exhausted before leaving everything stock and just jumping up the turbo.
FIFY :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts