ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few more questions about my 05 wrx i just got. Its completely stock as of right now i know that the entire timing belt and ibler bearings were changed, does the water pump need to be changed too if it was not? I'm also curious what is a good estimation for HP and LBS gain that would come from intake, turbo inlet, uppipe, downpipe, exhaust and the cobb access with good tune?? Let me know what you guys think.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,210 Posts
If it were my car I'd do the water pump with the timing belt. I'd not do it now though; if it fails I'd do it then.

The Cobb site has power estimates for their device plus parts etc.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
50hp very roughly off the top of my head. Numbers are just numbers anyway - it is a solid kick in the pants.

The intake will do little or nothing and just makes it harder to tune. Intercooler hoses are a better and more affordable choice.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,210 Posts
I would hesitate to pull everything apart at this point to replace the water pump, since the belt and rollers have already been done. I'd wait it out and see what happens.

·
Banned
3,595 Posts
Definitely at least 40 whp, could be 50. That's with an ots tune. A custom tune could get you in the neighborhood of 240 whp, maybe more.

Better safe than sorry on the water pump, but it might not fail until your next timing belt change. I changed mine at 110k with the timing belt. Didn't bother with the idlers but i will for the next one coming up.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
The Cobb base map put the power gain ~60hp for their StageII setup. A custom tune should net you 10-20+ hp on top of that, as well as extend the powerband in both directions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts