ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I've seend an awesome deal on a 2005 WRX and pretty much bought it but did not give any money yet as they had to change the windshield by today. At first I was so excited by the deal I called right away and went to that garage 2 hours later. Now I started to worry about, what if the car is actually a swaped 2.5rs? The wrx is not stock but cant tell anything more then a 3 inches exhaust, blow off, bigger intercooler. By the time I was there like 7 other people called for it so I didnt let the car go since I was looking for a good deal for the past 3 month. On the picture I can see the WRX logo is on the right and usually its on the left, I dont know I'm kinda worried about all of this...

After 2 minute idle on cold start the rpm was about 900-1000 so I think its good.
The car have 65 000 miles for 8900$ canadian so you see the deal...

the car :
Autos 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Usagé à vendre ou à louer à Québec. LesPAC.com - annonces classées

Sorry there's no picture of the engine but the car looked clean and legit but now I start to worry about it.

Thanks for your time and sorry for my poor grammar.

·
Æternum
20,949 Posts
I would choose the one with the least modifications.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
^^ Zach, he's asking if the car is a WRX-swapped 2.5RS or a real WRX, not choosing between 2 separate cars.

To the OP: what makes you think it might be a 2.5? Those swaps we're common for the older cars, but much less once the WRX came to the US (although it might be a different story in Canada).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would choose the one with the least modifications.
Well usually it's a 12.5k worth car and those kind of deal stay like 5 hours this site. But what is so bad to buy an already tuned WRX if the car run well? I test drived the car and it felt great, clutch, compression, turbo boosted at the right rpm but yes, it would have been better for me to buy one with least mods but yea...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ Zach, he's asking if the car is a WRX-swapped 2.5RS or a real WRX, not choosing between 2 separate cars.

To the OP: what makes you think it might be a 2.5? Those swaps we're common for the older cars, but much less once the WRX came to the US (although it might be a different story in Canada).
Well man I dont know, maybe it's just in my head. Everything went so quick on this so I started to worry. But IF by any chance it's a swap or stuff and the car explode in front on me, well my friend, I can refer to your avatar -_- haha

·
Æternum
20,949 Posts
I highly doubt anyone would swap a newer 2.5. Besides, the 2005 Impreza was renamed to the 2.5i; there was no 2.5rs.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Well man I dont know, maybe it's just in my head. Everything went so quick on this so I started to worry. But IF by any chance it's a swap or stuff and the car explode in front on me, well my friend, I can refer to your avatar -_- haha
Well, the easiest check is run the VIN number, or Canadian equivalent. That will tell you for certain what it started out as. Barring that, you should take pictures of everything inside and out, and we might be able to tell, but the serial number is the final word.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, It's me again.

I'm going to get the WRX tonight and the car is a WRX from the VIN number. I tracked it on carfax BUT the car have 36 reports!?! But I dont have much money to see the report and anyway the car is mine tonight..

my old 2000 2.5rs has only 4 reports ...

Is it good, is it bad? What are the common reports you see on these kind of car?

Thanks!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
It depends. If the car was serviced at the dealer, scheduled maintenance and oil changes show up on there. On the other hand, it could have bounced all over the place, and different registrations show up on there too. Lots of records isn't necessarily a bad thing, just buy the check and find out.

So you're saying you can afford thousands of dollars to buy a car, but can't afford a $40 check to get some valuable background info on the car? :screwy:

A Carfax isn't perfect, and there are cases where an accident or other damage won't show up, but data is data and it's worthwhile to get as much history as you can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well I dont have a credit card. never used it, and I dont need credit to buy what I need. I work my ass off to buy without calling the bank. Not a bad thing but yea sometimes it would be usefull for those kind of thing.

Anyway thanks again man, really appreciated!

Edit :

I'll upload some pictures once I have the car in my hand !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts