ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! So, I have a bit of a conundrum. Needing a larger car, my 2005 WRX just isn't cutting it for space. I have been toying with the idea of trading up to a 2005-2008 Legacy 2.5GT or a 2005-2008 Forester 2.5XT, but want to know what aftermarket bits from my WRX can make the transition over.

Here are my mods:

18x8 Prodrive Pff7 wheels
Cobb Springs
Cobb Accessport v1
Cobb exhaust
Invidia dp and up
Kartboy Short Shift and bushings
K&N drop in filter

I'm sure that I have other mods as well, but its been a few years since I have thought about it. I know that the Cobb AP won't transition over. I'm pretty sure the other mods won't as well, but I would like to be certain.

Also, any ideas what I ought to expect for my 2005 if I decide to sell? Lightly modded, not raced or thrashed. Been running synthetic since my first oil change. Its the premium package with only 43000 miles.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Let me know what you want $$ wise I Have a buyer who is definitely interested.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I were to sell, I guess I'd ask $13500. I have tasteful mods (IMO) and any small issues I have I'd fix before selling.
However, I'd be keeping my Pff7s. They should fit on a 2005-2008 LGT as far as I've read. Same bolt pattern, similar offset.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.778708,-122.543141

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I don't think that anything except the wheels would transfer. Possibly the k&n panel filter.

The Invidia up pipe would, but there's no point since the LGT's up pipe is already catless.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I just KBB'd your car with your mileage in "very good condition" and it reported back $15,000 private party if you have the sunroof, premium audio, CD changer, and leather, along with your "upgraded wheels" (you did say the "premium package")

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
I don't think that anything except the wheels would transfer. Possibly the k&n panel filter.

The Invidia up pipe would, but there's no point since the LGT's up pipe is already catless.

Shifter bushings would, assuming he got a 5spd LGT.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I just KBB'd your car with your mileage in "very good condition" and it reported back $15,000 private party if you have the sunroof, premium audio, CD changer, and leather, along with your "upgraded wheels" (you did say the "premium package")
Kevin, the limited difference in 2005 is a sunroof. I'm not 100% positive but I believe they still have cloth interior as well.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Leather was not an option in 2005. There was no "Limited", only the Premium Package.

I know the KBB says $15k, but I also went to Edmunds, as well as looking on cars.com for same year, similar mileage.

Besides, I'm just toying with the option of selling. Just know that it's becoming increasingly impractical with a family of 4.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.778652,-122.543139

·
8,921 Posts
Leather was not an option in 2005. There was no "Limited", only the Premium Package.

I know the KBB says $15k, but I also went to Edmunds, as well as looking on cars.com for same year, similar mileage.

Besides, I'm just toying with the option of selling. Just know that it's becoming increasingly impractical with a family of 4.

---
I am here: Google Maps

If you're looking for practical you'd be better served with a Forester XT if you wanna stay in the Subaru family. Our LGT is nice but I'd much rather have an FXT if I had a family of 4.

·
8,921 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I'd love a legacy gt 5 speed but I had a legacy as a rental car in the 08 variety while my STi got a new transmission.. That body style isn't any bigger than my 2008 or 2011 Wrx. If you want bigger the 08+Wrx body is worth a view.. But I'd imagine your going to need the 09+ legacy or FXT for a family of 4.

·
8,921 Posts
I'd love a legacy gt 5 speed but I had a legacy as a rental car in the 08 variety while my STi got a new transmission.. That body style isn't any bigger than my 2008 or 2011 Wrx. If you want bigger the 08+Wrx body is worth a view.. But I'd imagine your going to need the 09+ legacy or FXT for a family of 4.
My GFs 06 LGT has more room in the back seats than my WRX by far. But still not something I would consider significant enough to upgrade to for a family of 4

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Don't know about new ones; our 2005 Legacy wagon was slightly bigger inside than my 2002 WRX, and a completely different car to drive. I've never driven a LGT, but always imagined it feeling more like a "souped-up Camry" than a WRX, at least a bugeye WRX.

·
8,921 Posts
Don't know about new ones; our 2005 Legacy wagon was slightly bigger inside than my 2002 WRX, and a completely different car to drive. I've never driven a LGT, but always imagined it feeling more like a "souped-up Camry" than a WRX, at least a bugeye WRX.
It's fun. Lindsay's car is a stage 2+ and puts down an estimated 293awhp/305awtq. It's got a totally different feel to it though.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I can haz ride?
It's not a shagginwaggin, is it?

·
8,921 Posts
I can haz ride?
It's not a shagginwaggin, is it?
Well it's a sedan but come on down to FL and we'll cruise around. In all honesty if we are able to make Cretin fest it's probably the car we'll bring. The Brat is teh broken right now and I'm gonna yank the engine and see about putting a 2.5 in it, possibree a WRX swap if I can do it for minimal cost. But someone else on this forum needs to sell me their short block with low compression first...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts