ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm close to purchasing a 2005 WRX. I asked the dealer if the anti-theft system that the car is pre-wired for included an immobilizer. Everyone at the dealership thought that the system included one, but could not find anything that explicitly stated it. They contacted Subaru today to find out, who told them that it did include an immobilizer.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm this info.

Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
only the 2005 sti's has it. regular 2005 wrx do not have it. dont ask me i dont why the regular wrx dont have it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I probably should have mentioned that I already knew that the STI has the immobilizer in the key. They're telling me that the optional security system (not the keyless entry) on the WRX has an immobilizer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
99SR20DE-Ltd said:
Thanks for the response. I probably should have mentioned that I already knew that the STI has the immobilizer in the key. They're telling me that the optional security system (not the keyless entry) on the WRX has an immobilizer.
Am I wrong in assuming that the optional security system with the immobilizer is the upgraded one that comes with the auto-dimming rear mirror?

·
Registered
19 Posts
keoni004 said:
Am I wrong in assuming that the optional security system with the immobilizer is the upgraded one that comes with the auto-dimming rear mirror?
huh? i don't think the security system has anything to do with the mirror

·
Registered
28 Posts
h1721 said:
huh? i don't think the security system has anything to do with the mirror
I5O Popular Equipment Group 2A
Includes auto-dimming mirror/compass and security system upgrade kit. INCLUDES KYE and R5C.

KYE Mirror
R5C Security system upgrade kit

·
Registered
213 Posts
keoni004 said:
Includes auto-dimming mirror/compass and security system upgrade kit. INCLUDES KYE and R5C.

KYE Mirror

True, but you can( and I did) get the Security System upgrade separately. So does the Security System Upgrade kit include an immobilizer?

·
Registered
19 Posts
keoni004 said:

KYE Mirror
oh ok.. i think you can get them separately too..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The factory security system has an ignition kill if the alarm is tripped.
So is an ignition kill basically an immobilizer? Or is the difference, that the car would start if they could get in without tripping the alarm? Where an immobilzer wouldn't start unless the key/chip was used?

·
Registered
79 Posts
the imobillizer system is only for the sti . its built in too the whole electrical system and ecu . you can not add it on it comes from the factory only. the standerd security upgrade for the regular wrx is good for one thing only opening the doors. I wont get into details cause the car thiefs allways read are threads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts