Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
In Æternum
16,787 Posts
Someone removed the boost controller from your car. I hope you aren't driving like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
What I am saying is that my model does not have the SAME boost controller as the STI.

So when I was told that my photo did not show a boost controller that was incorrect as there would not be a boost controller in the photo.

Now do you understand?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is my vehicle info, now show me what you think it should look like and the Subaru part number applicable for my vehicle:

Vin: JF1GD29645G506196

2005 Subaru Impreza (205) 5MT 4WD WRX Sedan

·
Super Moderator
12,399 Posts
Here is my vehicle info, now show me what you think it should look like and the Subaru part number applicable for my vehicle:

Vin: JF1GD29645G506196

2005 Subaru Impreza (205) 5MT 4WD WRX Sedan
There should be the vacuum hose from the intake to the boost controller that plugs into that connector via wires.

What you have is a vacuum hose that dead ends into open air and no boost controller.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What you have is a vacuum hose that dead ends into open air and no boost controller.
I actually found out the correct answer to my original post asking where these vacuum hoses terminate.

They go to this vacuum switch, one line goes to a tee at the turbo and intake vacuum and the other line goes to the intake duct.

Attachments

·
In Æternum
16,787 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,399 Posts
From what I can follow from the fsm both of those connectors should be populated as well on the non STI engine. It looks like it's part of the boost control system but Subarus electrical diagrams and detail is horrible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts