Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im really looking into the 2005-2007 Sti's. Is there any flaws to these years, how much would i be looking at paying (canadian) and are they hard to find from a dealer.. kinda would want Subaru dealer sales only. better service i beleive but give me your input.

· Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,923 Posts
All cars have flaws. The main downfall is most people mod the crap out of these.

· Pro Manscaper
21,082 Posts
Definitely be on the lookout for unmodded STIs. Preferably a dealer not because of the "service" they give you but you're more than likely to find better taken care of or unmolested vehicles.

05 STIs are known for the stock struts to go bad relatively easy.
07 STIs are have a ****ty stock tune from the factory (flat spots, lean spots, especially at WOT), but the dealer has a reflash to fix these if it hasn't already been done.

Other than that, there aren't too many issues that are inherent in nature on the 05-07 STIs.

I've had an 07, and I currently have an 05. I prefered the 6spd in the 07 because the gearing was a little taller but both have just been awesome cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.