ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 2004 WRX I have a couple of questions.
1)On ebay i see alot of parts for my car very cheap as in i see very expensive parts for my car from other web sites and name brands parts example inter coolers, intakes exhausts, up pipes, ect. are the parts off ebay any gud?? or am i getting wat i pay for ?? because i would like to save the money!!!!!
2)if the ebay stuff is bad where can i get an up pipe, down pipe ,springs, exhaust , intake , suspension bars, and the cobb AP without breaking my pockets.
3) does 04 STI Struts and springs Fit perfect on my 04 WRX and is it worth it my boy is giving me it for 250 if he buys his suspension he wants if not he said he will just change his springs and give me his old sti springs for free. should i do that or just buy after market springs and if so which ones should i get?????
4) On another note i am hearing a squeaking noise in the back of my wrx every time i hit little bumps or if the car is still and i shake it up and down ??? im guessing a bushing or top hat of the strut???? maybe just need grease i have also noticed my car is pulling towards the left now it never did before???? Also the other day i was running my boys 2007 SI at 135 in the heat of the moment i didn't notice but my boy next to me told me that my car is shaking in the back and now i really noticed it is in my steering wheel to but at high speeds?? like past 60 i guess i have to take it to subaru cause i bought extended warranty it only has 41k on it any info would be great guys i used to be a Honda fanatic i know allot of them but subaru aren't as easy so please help!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
that sound you are talking about when you hit bumps and stuff happens to my car also (04 wrx) i always wondered what it was also. sorry i cant help though

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
KidWitDaWRX said:
1)On ebay i see alot of parts for my car very cheap as in i see very expensive parts for my car from other web sites and name brands parts example inter coolers, intakes exhausts, up pipes, ect. are the parts off ebay any gud?? or am i getting wat i pay for ?? because i would like to save the money!!!!!
2)if the ebay stuff is bad where can i get an up pipe, down pipe ,springs, exhaust , intake , suspension bars, and the cobb AP without breaking my pockets.
I would look into the ERZ ("eBay special") products for your exhaust needs (UP/DP/CBE). They're all relatively inexpensive, yet people are usually very happy with the quality of the parts.

·
Registered
593 Posts
sti springs work good on the stock struts... get the car alighned, and have the wheels roatated and balanced, have them check for bent wheels and make sure they put them on the back.

+1 on the ERZ stuff i have no money right now or else theyd be going on my 04. as for the rest of the parts on Ebay, a lot of them are you get what you pay for but there are some good parts out there. the SSAC TMIC intercooler kits are pretty good, however i wouldnt buy one of those "ebay special" turbos they are generally pretty crappy and will cause more problems then they are worth. there is a thread floating around somewhere about Ebay products and peoples reviews of them, search for it it shouldnt be too hard to fine in the engine performance section.

as for the squeaks... i know what you are talking about and ive heard it in a freind of mines wrx and i forgot what he did.. but if you are really annoyed with it then take it to a reputable mechanic and tell him whats up, take him on a test drive and tell him to do what he can.

good luck man and search around and ask questions there is a ton of information on here.

Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys Imma take your word on the erz thats what i was looking at in the first place just was not to sure if i should do imma buy the up and down pipe i have a cat back evo 2 waiting in the garage for them and then get my bigger top mount and an AP and il see what she does also imma put the sti springs or get the eibach pro sport lines and some sway bars anyway thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts