ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 WRX the mods are UEL header, catless up and down pipe, cobb turbo back exhaust, cobb stage two tune, aem intake, aftermarket intercooler y pipe, exedy stage 1 clutch, and a turbosmart B.O.V. I just recently put in the clutch. I got it all done and took it for a drive, when the motor boggs down if you let it, or you hit a bump, there is a bad rattle coming from the front right. Even when the clutch is pushed in or the car is in neutral or even off it you hit a bump it rattles and chatters bad? When i installed clutch i also put on a strut bar but i am 99.9 percent sure it is not strut rattle. If your on a smooth road and shift smooth to were there is no jerk there in no noise at all, just when the car shakes or jerks does it make the noise. Any ideas?? PLEASE HELP

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
First of all the intake you have is a piece of junk and not designed for the tune you have. Second, you have no need for the bov, so take it off and replace it with the stock recirc valve.

Now about your rattle. Best bet is to go through everything to took off, losened and reinstalled. You can have a loose bolt, missing bolt, etc.

·
Sammich Makin' Pwincess
13,124 Posts
the BOV & UEL header should not be used with an OTS stage 2 map.

cobbs map notes state specifically what can & cannot be used.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
check your sway bar links and heat shields, I've seen dozens of techs remove transmissions in these cars different ways, some disconnect the links to pop the axles out and others pry on them, if you undid your sway bar links I would check that, if your 100% sure its not a strut/ strut mount. How many miles are on the car? Did you do a stock replacement clutch or did you upgrade at all? depending on the design of the clutch some chatter could be normal... does this happen with the car still? clutch in/out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts