ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just sold some stuff and I'm rolling in the money. Even thought I'm rollin the dough I'd like to spend no more than 2k in parts with the install fees.

Here is my selection Please help and chose for me and tell me why. Oh no flames please! I've did my seach and this is what I found. but I'm not sure what order to do them in, so please no flames.

(not listed in order of prefrence)

1. tint 20% for 5 windows for $130
2. H-tech $170 Shipped i'm guessing $100 Installed or a case of beer for local friends. $75 for alignment.
3. Accessport $607.12 Shipped now sure when I'd get the stuff.
4. Bosal DP and Cat-Back $589.00 Shipped and $195 Insatlled
5. Nino's Up Pipe $259.00 Installed and $45 for lifetime gaskets.
6. Rota Sub-Zeros 17x7.5 wraped in Falken Azeins. $1000 Shipped

And at the moment I think that's it. The help would be apprecative. Thanks in advance!
Rudy

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
looks good. why dont u install the parts yourself. u can have some fellow clubWRX'ers help you and u save more money and u can get more parts. them lifetime gaskets... i smell BS. i dont believe they are lifetime gaskets. they wont last that long. h-tech? springs?

·
Registered
152 Posts
All these look good. I would put the springs after the Access port and I would add getting the side skirts painted as number one item.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Deznuts05 said:
thanks for all the complements but what order should I go?
I don't think that it really matters the order that you go in with the mods that you have listed. There are no real dependencies there.

It is really up to you. I would do suspension/handling then accessport, then exhaust.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dan240 said:
All these look good. I would put the springs after the Access port and I would add getting the side skirts painted as number one item.
oh thanks for the input but I my car is java black so I don't mind the flat color

thanks thought

·
Registered
620 Posts
i would suggest do the suspension mods first
have fun and see how they react with stock power levels

then the accessport
have more fun with some extra power added

then the UP/DP/CATBACK installed at once to make labor cheaper
then
HAVE FUN WITH ALLL THE POWER :D
(you allready have the AP so you wont have any CEL)

so i suggest do things one by one so you can learn all the diffrence EACH mod makes and you can write a review for everyone :D

REMEMBER HAVE FUN :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
^^ i like that idea, for the reviews and such. But .. hopefully u arent like me, because if i have cash laying around its gone, i buy the most radnom things.

Good luck dude :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks nevergivethatup for that insight... but as far as suspenion its just springs and rims... do u think that those would really make a diffrence?

oh and on the review part... I guess I could but I got all my information for past review and I wouldn't really be able to scale it against anything else other than stock.

but we'll see h-tech goin to order them while I'm in class tommrow... Damn Drexel and their 5 year co-op cycles... I'm just bitter because this last 2k is goin to be my last taste of cash till I graduate... (note to everyone I'm not in money I had to sell alota crap ie. my motorcycle :( )

·
Registered
620 Posts
RIM/ TIRE will make ALOT of diffrence (good tires)

Azenis has very hard sidewall and are little heavy BUT you will have VERY GOOD traction. The stiff side wall will give you a harsher ride, and the Azenis are a little loud, but nothing the radio cant handle. :p (Performance vs. Comfort)

Springs will also change the reaction of the car in diffrent situations. (geometry of the car) ask BIGSKY for all the technical stuff but spring/rim/tire will make a big diffrence in handeling.

the stock suspension will out perform the stock Re92 so just by changing the Rim/Tire will make FULL use of the stock suspension. i would first get rim/tire to see how you like the stock suspension THEN get some spring/strut/coilovers to eliminate wheel gap and use the full potential of the tires.

remember just by varing TIRE RESSURE you will have a diffrence in handeling.

i like to learn the car and seeing how small things make a diffrence :D

When all in all done JUST HAVE FUN :D :D AND BE SAFE

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
well I forgot to mention that I've had exprience with re92's already... and so I chenged the tires before 10miles were on the odometer... right now the car is bone stock less the tires and they are goodyear f1 gsd's and they are amazing. at first they weren't all hot but apprently there was a 500 mile break in period so... that isn't a problem anymore because I was able to put 3k in 6 weeks WOO HOO!!!

so yea right I'm rockin really sweet tires! what's next? I'm really hate'n the front tire gap... but the summer is almost over for me so I may have to start thinking of looking for 15's sporting some studded tires.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Your exhaust plans run you over a grand...you can get a Helix full exhaust....up/down pipes plus cat-back for 850 shipped. Several of my friends have that system on their cars and love it.

You're plans are good, I just like to save money where I can. ;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TgoWRX04 said:
if u wanna save some $ and put it towards another mod, get a gutted uppipe u will save almost 200 from the uppipe u r talking about
I guess your right... but I found a Perrin Up Pipe for 199 shipped with the CEL fix... I fell kind of strange gutting the OEM when I know I'll put it back when I trade her in the future. Oh does 199 sound like a good price? I'm assuming it is used.

pjdwrx said:
Your exhaust plans run you over a grand...you can get a Helix full exhaust....up/down pipes plus cat-back for 850 shipped. Several of my friends have that system on their cars and love it.

You're plans are good, I just like to save money where I can. ;)
I'm the same way... But I think I found a decent deal Daddy's has this Bosal Exhaust Package for 589 shipped and that's the Dp and the cat-back... does this sound too good to be true?

04blkWRX said:
Since you have a 2004, I'd suggest the AccessPORT before exhaust mods, but other than that the order doesn't matter.
I'm thought the samething but how about the wait... close to two months and nothing... that's scary. I know I can trust them but still... I'm lookin around for ppl that changed their minds on the AP but its far and beyond to find someone who was upset with the AP.

Thanks all to your input but I think I figured it out.
1. Springs 170 Shipped
2. Cobb Accessport from Clubwrx.net 600
3. Perrin Up Pipe 190 shipped from Clubwrx.net
4. Bosal Dp/Cat-back from Daddy's 589
Total: 1550

5. Sub-Zero's with Falken Azenis 950
6. Tint 130
Total: 1080

And I forgot about the ablity of doing it myself of with a group of other Subie Buddies... I just felt that if I had it done at a shop I had the assureancy of a job well done and if not I could complain... but after realizing that most of the money went to the install process I'd venture out and do it myself (found friends to help). Thanks for all your input and if you have anymore ideas please pass them along I'm all ear to hear new ideas. Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts