ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
alot of us do complain about non-painted sideskirts...could that be it? :confused1 :eek: :wiggles:

seriously. i have no problem with mine but im 2003. WHO OF YOU COMPLAINED TO THE GOVERNMENT ABOUT YOUR IMPREZAS!?!?! :mad: :D

it might be just because more people buy Imprezas that there are more complaints... :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
well the lemon law is different from recalls right? lemon law is one problem on one car that cannot be fixed after 3 trips back to dealer? While the focus could be riddled with major/minor problems that keep sending it back to the dealer, but for some reason, ie ford dealers are more competent than subarus, they do not become lemons.

...i think.

·
Registered
0 Posts
There have been several cases where car manufactures have been caught 'hiding' complaints. As in they don't report them as compliants. I think Mitsubishi and Honda have bith been cuaght do that. Maybe Subaru is just too honest with the NHTSA, or maybe they just report every little squeak and rattle as a complaint where other companies might just 'unofficially' fix it.

I really don't know, but something about that list just doesn't smell right. No Kia? No Hyundai? Hmmm...

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
This has been covered in an earlier post. The ranking system is terribly flawed and makes absolutely no sense. I would ignore it, plain and simple.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Integra96 said:
This has been covered in an earlier post. The ranking system is terribly flawed and makes absolutely no sense. I would ignore it, plain and simple.
Exactly.

That list is supposedly compiled using consumer complaints that have been filed with the NHTSA. According to the NHTSA, there have been a total of 14 complaints regarding the 2004 Impreza. The first 6 complaints looks like they were submitted by the same bozo who just was not happy with his car, or he got a really bad one. 3 more complaints from someone who was upset about a transmission noise he heard at a local track while he lost (in an STi) to an SRT-4. He feels the car had 'dishonored his family." Maybe he should learn how to drive. 4 more are a dublicate posting of someone who seems to have a legit beef, a dealer who cannot properly diagnose and fix an engine code problem. The final one is someone upset his odometer is 10% off. So of 14 complaints, there really are only 4 people/issues and some of those are just BS ranting.

There are not many issues we see on this forum that would lead you to believe the Impreza is a lemon. On the contrary, most people have had relatively few problems even though these cars are driven very hard. They are well built and hold up to the abuse. That site very misleading.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Maybe we should expand on champ's comment all start calling these guys...

"Hi, I noticed that Subaru Impreza is at the top of your lemon list. I have one and my seatbelt sqeaks. Can you make Subaru give me a new car?" :D

My 'Oh Shist' handle on the passenger side rattles too.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Our cars have many idiosyncracies that can at times be problematic. For instance, my car: -Two clutches replaced due to shudder.
-Since I was foolish enough to have bought the OE gauge pack, I have had to replace the oil temp gauge twice. New gauges pending.
-Replaced a wheel bearing
- New O2 sensor.
- Lots of rattles.

Having said all this, the car is fundamentally strong and puts up with hard use and just shrugs it off. In fact, at this point the car is better than I am a driver despite these niggling issues.

Ultimitely, I love this car.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Yeah, I am sure that's why the WRX & STi made Automobile's car of the year, because they were lemons. :rolleyes: Yup, that list is carp...

Even though the Focus has had so many recalls, it still ranks high on Consumer Reports list and many others as well, so the comment about Ford being able to fix any problems could be right on the money...

-snowcat

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
That was pretty funny. Follow the link to the NHTSA page where the complaints are logged and run a search for Impreza or WRX. The most pathetic BS whining and sniveling crap I've ever seen. There is obviously no investigation done or even verification the complaintant even owns a Subaru or has a drivers licence. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
There was a post on the Lemon list for 2003. It has to do with the way the data is compiled that puts the Impreza at the top lf the list. Basically it's a bunch of manure, not signifigant data.

mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts