ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove my headlights to take out the orange reflector and gel, but i cant seem to get it out! I've taken off the grill, and taken off the 3 10mm bolts... and it still doesnt come out! its shifts around about 3 mm, but i feel like if i tug any harder it'll snap something. Did i miss a bolt or something?

·
Registered
620 Posts
if i remember correctly their is 2 bolt on top and one where the grill was (white bracket)

that is all the bolt i believe but the white bracket is clamped on to the body so you must tug it to get it off

i will check again tonight when i get home for you.
i will look at the old light that i have laying around in my room.

it only took me about 20 minutes to do both mine =)

but mine was just a switch to JDM HID's =)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beautiful headlights! I finally got the thing off... it was the white bracket thing that was causing problems.

You should get amber glowing silver bulbs for your turning lights... get rid of all the orange... but it looks great... thats what mine will (hopefully) look like before it gets dark tonite!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Blast from a past on this one but thats what I get for searching, anyway...

What was involved in taking the lights out?

The list I got is just taking off two bolts from the top, removing the small center grill, removing the bolt in there, then what? Just tugging on it until it comes out or do I need to pop out the "bracket" with something (screwdriver)?

I appreciate the help,
Chris

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Flex said:
Blast from a past on this one but thats what I get for searching, anyway...

What was involved in taking the lights out?

The list I got is just taking off two bolts from the top, removing the small center grill, removing the bolt in there, then what? Just tugging on it until it comes out or do I need to pop out the "bracket" with something (screwdriver)?

I appreciate the help,
Chris
there are 2 pop type clips on the fender side of the lamp. you have to pull to unseat them.
after they are released, you have to wiggle the lamp out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You really gotta tug to get those clips out... that was my only problem, i felt like i was going to break something! After a few good tugs (i'm weak), the came out. Make sure you dont scratch your paint off tryin to put them back in!

Post pics when ur done too!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ok...I hope I get the ligths for a gift soon, otherwise its my next purchase. Theyre going to be the blacked out 05's to set off the coincidence that everything else on my car is black or close to it.

I cut up the wires to the lights getting my HID's in and Im guessing the ballast blew out on the passenger side so I need new assemblies. I hope it all works like its supposed to when I get those new lights in.

Thanks,
Chris

(Im awful about getting pix up because my camera and computer are never at the same place at the same time but Ill see what I can do.)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I broke one of the headlight clips getting the actual headlight apart, but it has never been an issue. After I heated them up again, I just made sure I pressed them together really tight, and held it until it cooled some. I live in WV, and we have lots of rain and cold weather, but everything has been ok, no leaking. The look is great, and it is fun doing it yourself.

·
Banned
2,953 Posts
how long did you bake them and at what temp?

·
Banned
2,953 Posts
heh least you know im searching :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts