ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this one a while back in 2010, but since I'm still pretty new to the forum I thought I share it. The owner had recently purchased the vehicle used and wanted to get it looking new again. At the time I did this one I was actually testing out the per-release version of the Meguiar's DA Micro Fiber system (amazing BTW).

Paint correction was done using D300 on a PCXP and MF cutting pads. I followed that up with M205 on foam finishing pads. Paint was then coated with Optimum Opti-Guard (pro version of Opti-Coat).

Before pics

Yea MN winters...

50/50 shot

Headlights before

50/50

After

Emblem before

Emblem after

Applying the coating

Finished pics

Halogens close up

Here is a video before and after walk around.
:)

Thanks for looking, :wave:

Rasky

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
came out really nice... see... people just don't realize what they are missing out on sometimes. They don't realize their car will look BETTER than new, and with Opti-coat or guard it's locked in for quite a while as long as you treat it right.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
came out really nice... see... people just don't realize what they are missing out on sometimes. They don't realize their car will look BETTER than new, and with Opti-coat or guard it's locked in for quite a while as long as you treat it right.
Thanks!

Yeah, it's amazing how few people realize that those swirls shouldn't be there. :)

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
I really wish I could find a good detailer with this kind of talent here. My car needs this attention terribly. The previous owner didn't seem to care and it shows.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude that is amazing! Thanks for the info! I will be contacting here soon!
No prob! ;)

I network with a lot of other pro detailers around the US and can usually find a reputable pro within a few hours from you. Some southern states like Cali and FL usually have several options.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That does look amazing. Have anyone in the chicagoland/northern Illinois area?

·
Registered
312 Posts
That's incredible. A+

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks! I'll be sure to call him up once our weather turns a little better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
MODERATOR may be needed to take care of our unfunny friend here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It was an auto generating advertiser that also happened to place very unfunny jokes in its posts. Lol

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Beautiful work man! Too bad I don't know anyone good like that in South Jersey, lookin to move here? lol

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Beautiful work man! Too bad I don't know anyone good like that in South Jersey, lookin to move here? lol
Contact detailersdomain.com. they are in jersey and do TOP TOP notch work. Probably not cheap but if you use opti-coat it will be protected for a long time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looks awesome. If you don't mind, what did you do to get the interior so spotless?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
That's a nice write up. Some of those driver side mats just never come out really good for me. I use our spot bot which is basically the same thing.

My wifes ms3 was soooo caked with dog hair I used gorilla tape on pretty much the entire car to get it out of the carpet. I tried everything before that. It did the job though and a pretty good one too. They are all short haired dogs or it would have been much easier!!.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts