Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.audiworld.com/features/tests/2003rs6.html

damn beautiful

"Because he'll know that this Audi is the fastest series production four-door sedan on the face of the planet. And the numbers are simply astounding - the RS 6 quattro's 4.2-litre twin-turbo V8 develops 450 bhp and 413 lb ft of torque, enough to rush it from 0-62 mph in just 4.7 secs. It's top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph, but limiter off, I believe we're looking at a 190 mph-plus car."

im sure it is faster than the 4.7 magazine time

if i had 80 grand to blow on a sport sedan, this would be it. :eek:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Doesn't "look fast", I'm sure Toyota wouldn't approve. :D

I'm sure it is a monster, but I'm sorry, the exterior does look quite dull IMO.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its basically an S4 body. and if you have ever seen an S4 you know what they look like. different than in pictures. just like the 350Z :D

anyways, i love the look of it, especially with the right wheels and lowering springs

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
I'd hit it!

Wish my dad had 80 grand to spend 'cause I'd be pushing this to him in no time! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I belive that an RS4 is faster but I may be wrong. There only offered in Europ. If you would like to see an RS4 in action go check out www.rs4.org They have a british motor trend over there and the guys there are nuts. May take a couple of sec to down load but well worth it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
mark said:
its basically an S4 body. and if you have ever seen an S4 you know what they look like. different than in pictures. just like the 350Z :D

anyways, i love the look of it, especially with the right wheels and lowering springs
It is not an S4 body. It is in the A6 family. It is a completely different car than an S4. The RS4 only comes in Avant form, there is no sedan.

·
Registered
48 Posts
M5, i gotta stay loyal and they just look better.
Anyone got any 1/4 times? 4.7 w/ twin turbo? kinda pathetic if you ask me. M5 getting 0-60 in 5.0 and 400hp w/o turbo.

just my $.02
- M a t t -

·
Registered
4 Posts
You guys are totally underestimating this car. I am not a huge Audi fan or anything but these cars are only showing the slightest capabilities of its power potential. There is a guy who post on vwvortex.com forums a lot who purchased one and had a custom computer chip burned for it and now has a hair over 600hp. Audi has to do this on purpose... The S4's are the same way but no where near the kind of beast the RS6 is.

·
1,263 Posts
THis is off the German audi site.
This is the RS6 wagon - being a WRX wagon owner myself...I think it is cool! Roof rails and all.

88,000 Euros!!!!! owch.

·
980 Posts
that audi looks awesome. I am surprised we havent seen Audi recently in the WRC. I am hoping in a few years that Audi will build a new rally car based upon its 1.8T (i think there is a 2000cc engine limit in WRC). I think it will definitely be a good competitor with the likes of the Impreza and Lancer EVO WRCs.

-c

·
Registered
211 Posts
That is a bad ass car!

Imagine what a few mods to it would do!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Audi was in WRC during the 80's I believe. I guess they got bigger fishes to fry now, considering that they won LeMans 3 years in a row..
The RS6 tuning potential is greater than M5. But I don't think 99% of the people who got those cars race them. Personally I haven't even seen a M5 at the track at all.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sure you can do basic mods and get 600 hp, but it will be along time before we see cars sold in dealers with 600hp. just doesn't cut it for sport sedans. 600hp is too much for the target consumers

·
Registered
223 Posts
Definitely not the world's fastest production sedan, since the M5 tops out at over 205 without the limiter.
Jesus christ, I haven't been on this forum in a couple YEARS, and I got a email that someone replied to this message. Check the friggin dates before you post. Damn.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.