ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2003 WRX with an automatic transmission and I'm having a surging acceleration issue. It usually doesn't do it 0-60, but after that, it tends to surge/go/surge/go. It doesn't buck or anything. I only have 50,000 miles on her and take good care of the car so I don't know why it just started doing this. No check engine light and idles fine/runs fine. I've checked all vacuum lines and everything looks good. :screwy:
Any suggestions, answers wood be great. Thanks.

·
Æternum
20,602 Posts
Do you have a boost gauge? The question would be: are you hitting target boost without boost spiking and/or boost creep? Is the car stock? Do you have any way of datalogging?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything on the car is stock, besides K&N air filter in the original box. I have not adjusted nothing, and have done oil/everything right. The only people to work on the car besides Delta Subaru is me for doing a couple oil changes w/synthetic oil. There was a recall over a year ago, and they worked on her, but I'm afraid that somehow they did something wrong and since I don't beat on my car, it's just becoming an issue now. Possibly a manifold leak. Being it's over a year, and it just started hesitating in the last couple months, I don't know if they would take responsibly if it was there fault. I like 0-60, but I'm also a top speed guy that wants her to go to the limit if needed.
Any tests without going to a shop that I can do is appreciated. Once again, vacuum lines/fluids/and other simple stuff has been checked and they are fine. I have no boost gauge. Car is completely stock.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Have you only done a visual check on the vacuum lines or have you inspected them very carefully? Even a hairline crack in a line can cause an issue like you're describing. Could also be a failing BCS, or a problem elsewhere in the system, but since you're seeing boost fluctations, it's reasonable to focus on the boost control system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts