ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...this is getting old as I've replaced my deck, the rear speakers and added an amp.

Now all I have to do is replace the front speakers (including the tweeters).

Can anyone recommend some good speakers? Since I have Infinity Speakers in the rear, I'm hoping to keep the same brand in the front. (not crucial, but a nice to have).

Setup:
Clarion CX609
MRP-F300 - Alpine 4-Channel 300 Watt V-Power Series Amplifier

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
It really depends on what your budget is..

That said, personally I would get the Hybrid Audio Unity U61-2 6.5" 2-way Component Speakers. If your budget allows, maybe go for the Clarus series.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MainFrame.

Price is really not an option. In regards to the speakers you recommended, would they fit my car? I keep hearing there's a depth issue...

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
You will need spacers. I know someone with an 09 WRX that has the Imagine series with spacers and no fitment issues.. I'm not entirely sure about the 02-03 because I've never seen anyone attempt to mount those speakers in a bugeye. If you want to know for sure you could wait till I get mine, but that'll be a couple of months.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a set of 6.5" inagine series speakers that I pulled out of my Cherokee. I've done my research and they should fun in the bug eye with a 1/2" baffle. I definitely would recommend these speakers to anyone! I'm thinking about running these up front with a set of good midrange drivers in the rear. Thinking about installing them this weekend. If I do, I'll update and let you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts