ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am having a problem with the boost surging/cutting out when I get on it fairly hard. It is very noticeable and you can just tell there is something wrong because sometimes it does it bad and sometimes not so bad and between these is a huge difference. When it happens it basically sounds like a rush of air happens...running strong then that rush goes away for a second..power loss...comes back power back. The only time I really notice it is in and past 3rd gear when I'm hammering it down pretty good. It has done this for a long time and I can't figure it out. The car is a cobb stage 2 with uppipe, downpipe, turbo back.

This has finally annoyed me to the point of fixing it so any ideas of what it could be would be great!! I have the accessport but haven't messed with it much past the point of installing the map, so any assistance with logging data to help pinpoint the issue would also be nice.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I'd start with cleaning your MAF.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try cleaning the MAF tmw. I honestly don't know how long it has been since plugs/packs because I bought the car a year ago and haven't changed the plugs yet...yeah lazy but will get on it

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Sounds like the boost cut. What car and is the downpipe catless?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts