ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my WRX since 2005. I had a problem with surging before in the high speed range from 80mph - 100mph, when floored. That was with 50,000 miles on her and I had the 60,000 mile service done on her. Cleared up. Before that, FOX SUBARU could not get her to repeat the issue multiple times. This has been happening again. No MODS. I have a COBB Tuner. Reads emission code, but it's read that before this issue. Played around with COBB Tuner and proper fuel only. Uninstalled COBB, disconnected the battery, started over. All fluids are good. Factory replacement fuel cap. 0-80mph proper performance. 80mph - 100mph surging. 100mph - 115mph no surging.
I have her for sale right now only due to I'm older. Best Winter Monster in the World. If there is a quick fix, I would rather take care of it just for her.

Ideas please?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,103 Posts
I’ve no idea what surging is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’ve no idea what surging is.
I've owned my WRX since 2005. I had a problem with surging before in the high speed range from 80mph - 100mph, when floored. That was with 50,000 miles on her and I had the 60,000 mile service done on her. Cleared up. Before that, FOX SUBARU could not get her to repeat the issue multiple times. This has been happening again. No MODS. I have a COBB Tuner. Reads emission code, but it's read that before this issue. Played around with COBB Tuner and proper fuel only. Uninstalled COBB, disconnected the battery, started over. All fluids are good. Factory replacement fuel cap. 0-80mph proper performance. 80mph - 100mph surging. 100mph - 115mph no surging.
I have her for sale right now only due to I'm older. Best Winter Monster in the World. If there is a quick fix, I would rather take care of it just for her.

Ideas please?
I had a surge on my O2 that eventually turned into a cylinder 3 misfire. I swapped cylinder coilpacks , injectors, compression check, etc. Ended up replacing all four coilpacks and it was fixed. Expensive though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a surge on my O2 that eventually turned into a cylinder 3 misfire. I swapped cylinder coilpacks , injectors, compression check, etc. Ended up replacing all four coilpacks and it was fixed. Expensive though.
Thanks for the reply. I was kinda of thinking it might be the coilpacks. Long time sitting, then driving high speeds. Was the expensive part everything you did or would it have been cheap if you knew it was the coil packs?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought Subaru coil packs. Problem is it was not easily diagnosed to Cylinder 3 and I replaced injectors after swapping cylinder coil packs didnt work. Replacing all coil packs did finally eliminate the misfire but I cant explain why.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts