Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my names Sam I am
From australia & I just picked up a 02 Wrx she needs some TLC which I am planning to do I just found out I got some EGR skirts on my rexy and I really do not want them and I’m not sure what rear fender I have would anyone know ?

I will be uploading pics of my build when I go along will be getting new wheels because these are 2000’ putrid wheels , full respray , change my tail lights as I think these are rare altezza ones and I think the rear bumper is rare also? Not sure! I’m dying to get rid of them and start all over!
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

·
In Æternum
16,788 Posts
I really can't help you. Could be an eBay kit as they were very common.

Looks rice-tastic. Please save the poor thing...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really can't help you. Could be an eBay kit as they were very common.

Looks rice-tastic. Please save the poor thing...
I will poor thing is filthy was owned by a farm guy who neglecting it was his job the inner wheel arch is broken no timing belt nothing LHS front guard is smashed no battery nothing he doesn’t even care for the car at all

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
490 Posts
Pretty sure the rear fenders and bumper are stock. Looks like extensions or spats or whatever they're called stuck on the rear bumper. Maybe an OEM option? Maybe rare? Idk much about GDs. Just pull them off properly. Side skirts seem to be the only thing non-OEM. Check junk yards for a pair.

And for goodness sake, those wheels....put some steelies on and they'll look 100x better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty sure the rear fenders and bumper are stock. Looks like extensions or spats or whatever they're called stuck on the rear bumper. Maybe an OEM option? Maybe rare? Idk much about GDs. Just pull them off properly. Side skirts seem to be the only thing non-OEM. Check junk yards for a pair.

And for goodness sake, those wheels....put some steelies on and they'll look 100x better.
So I’m thinking to get some work wheels or rotas

so far I’ve got rid of the 22b spoiler and got a actual sti one for my car, I got OEM Tail lights for now on their way paid 50 bucks, I’m picking up a 03-04 rear tail light in good condition and so is the rear bumper just have to get it painted which is fine because the car is going for a full Re-spray anyways ! Yes these wheels are horrible and disgusting ! I am itching to throw them out but I need them on the car for now

on Monday getting a brand new clutch in , I am dropping the oil on Saturday , I ordered brand new spark plugs ,

it has a Hyperflow Top Mount ,brand new clutch going in, it has a turbo back exhaust and I just purchased a new pod filter for it with a cover and abit of a longer piece to make it look neater not like a stubby knob…

have to get the window trims painted professionally get all scratches dents while she gets painted … side skirts are EGR and rear bumper is rare I think I need to pull it off it’s got sensors… I haven’t even heard the car run the chap before me had it sitting for a while without a battery pulled the top Mount out and starter motor because he was going to do the clutch and got LAZY so it sat on a farm I am also getting it detailed tomorrow to look at the paint work properly and anything I couldn’t spot because of the dirtiness …. Oil was checked and was fine no creamy which is great news I am planning on buying a whole set rebuild seal kit .. head gasket the lot put fully synthetic oil drain the fuel out and put fresh fuel replace the front LHS guard and RHS inner wheel arch and once I’ve done all that and got the paint and then some nice 18x8.75 or 8 + 25-30 offset and nice bottom lip and a nice side skirt lip I think it should look good 😊 will continue the story with more pics and once I get everything looking the way I want

poor car she now has a owner that will look after her these cars are worth 25k+ in australia atm not even worth 10k lol but I swapped my dirtbike for this and couldn’t be happier

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys just a quick update I got the new clutch in , machined the fly wheel , got new clutch plates of course , fresh gearbox fluid , and near clutch bearing all in then I realised my master slave cylinder is seized and I am not getting enough pressure i have removed the ugly altezza tail lights broke them they’re already half broken I purchased these

brand new rear boot with OEM spoiler ( I have a 02-04 sti spoiler to be painted )
New front left hand panel because my one was badly dented
OEM tail lights

I purchased new Rota Grids in bronze I pick them up on Friday but when my Wrx goes into getting a respray the wheels will be painted white,

I ordered a new but abit scratched front bar because my one seems to far gone

second hand rear bar but in great condition

I done my oil change and I ordered some spark plugs to go in

I have ordered a few other interior parts new steering wheel gauge and centre dash pod gauge

I found out my Wrx had a VF22 turbo from a sti , C.E.S racing exhaust I found out these are rare , HyperFlow TMIC, a safety trip switch , shorter gear stick

these are it for now guys maybe when I install my second hand rear bar , and OEM tail lights , and wheels I’ll snap a few more photos! Enjoy these ones
Quick question fellow Wrx fam is there a way I can clean my AFM because it dies once it’s plugged in I think it’s dirty and is there a way I can Unseize my
Clutch slave cylinder ?? I’ve tried anything maybe I just need to get a new one ! Yikes last photo is the damage that was done and those are the new wheels! The old owner didn’t even give me the special tool for the lug nuts anyone have a way I can remove them???
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Bumper

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Car Blue Motor vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Watch Bicycle wheel Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
*update *
I have since then put the new clutch in new slave cylinder
Got a washer bottle
Mafs sensor
Sti wing
Second hand door! (A lot better than mine)
Second hand rear bar ( A lot better than my one)
Pictures above showed I replaced the LHS guard

I have since gotten rid of those horrible chrome yearly 2000’s shocking rims that look like a guy that’s recently divorced and going through a midlife crisis would think looks cool! And got some Avids Av-06’ 17x8 with tyres for a very decent price! Since I’m chasing that stanced look I am going to get some spacers for now until I finish cosmetics and abit of more of tidying up the engine bay I have lowered the fronts with the coilovers just have to do the back

I got rid of those horrible tail lights and got some nice OEM ones

I got rid of that horrible horrible grill and got an OEM one and with an OEM side grill covers !
Got longer piping with a new air filter! I will definitely show more once everything is up and done excuse the photo! But I am getting my rear quarter panel fixed and car full Re sprayed when my painter has time!!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts