ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone, name is Neill - just moved to NE Oklahoma. I commute in a 2004 Scion xB and just traded in my track Mustang GT toward a 2002 WRX that was, apparently, heavily modded. Got it for tornado chasing (AWD + Turbo = tornado chasing perfection) and didn't mind the hail damage that came with it. Some day I'll replace it with a truck and I'll repair the damage. Until then it's my sleeper =)

Have only barely stuck my head under the hood, can see (and hear/feel) the Invidia turboback. Also has cold intake, Megan suspension, and probably other stuff I'm not seeing (feel free to scrutinize and add/correct below ^_^)

Though it's an automatic (I have carpal tunnel) it does have automatic boost control which maxes out at 19psi. It also accelerates quickly enough that I'm not sure I could shift as fast as it can shift itself. Not 110% certain but looks and feels to have stock turbo.

After plenty of time in my Mustang I would be rather confident saying the engine is putting out a minimum of 300 horses. Assuming at least 5-15% parasitic loss from automatic and additional loss from AWD setup, possibly more. This Scoob can scoot!

To be honest I'm at a loss because the only other AWD vehicle I have driven was a 2.5RS and so:
1) not used to turbo lag and
2) not used to AWD...

Accounting for that and the automatic's parasitic loss it probably has over 300BHP but I have no way to tell other than if I honestly raced myself in my old GT, the WRX would blow it away - 1/4 mile or otherwise

first and second are a dream, never felt such acceleration and control at the same time - THANKS SUBARU! =D

Taking it to the shop very soon to have it overlooked and tuned. Will update!

-Neill

P.S. - if you recognize this car and you were the person who missed your payments...sorry bro! Plz email me parts and work list XD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Welcome Neill.

As I posted in the chat with you:
It has a perrin turbo inlet, an aftermarket blow off valve that I can't tell what it is (get a picture of that for me if you don't mind). I can't tell what brand that intake is... probably INJEN. They were popular for those years. It has an Agency Power alternator cover and Ebay strut tower bar.

Boost isn't related to throttle position. It's related to engine load. At partial throttle acceleration you'll have partial boost because it's not as much load on the engine as when you're at full throttle. You'll notice that if you have it in neutral and do half throttle you won't have 10psi of boost.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I'm also seeing aftermarket hood pins, aftermarket radiator hoses, modified head lights, clear side markers, and aftermarket tail lights.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks will update my list on my profile

and posting more pics now - some are probably pointless because I'm confused in general but oh well ^_^

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
see all the zipties coming off that hose with the white adapters? That's not stock.

It's hard to tell in this pic, but it looks like that's a hose coming from the T-piece off of the vac hoses between the compressor housing, and the wastegate.

The white plastic T in the middle looks like one side goes to the inlet... but I can't be sure, I'm just guessing based on direction. As far as the other side... I have no clue where it's going. Could be too the EBCS, but I can't see in those pictures.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm I'll look up everything you mentioned and take some more useful pics today - sorry for the shoddy photography.

You rule btw

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks like a autozone CAI, might want to get rid of that. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I believe its an Injen Short Ram intake (not CAI) with an auto zone filter.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Yep I the ride came slammed all the way to the ground, a youtube video later and I figured out I had megan coilovers and could raise it myself to a height that would save my tires
Hmm, Megan coilovers are notorious poorly-made. Their cheap price makes them attractive to those that want to say they have "coilovers" without shelling out $2k+ for a quality set of coilovers. They probably won't fall apart in day to day driving, but I would budget new suspension in the not too distant future. A good set of conventional springs and struts can be had for less than $1k, and will handle and ride far superior to the Megans.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm, Megan coilovers are notorious poorly-made. Their cheap price makes them attractive to those that want to say they have "coilovers" without shelling out $2k+ for a quality set of coilovers. They probably won't fall apart in day to day driving, but I would budget new suspension in the not too distant future. A good set of conventional springs and struts can be had for less than $1k, and will handle and ride far superior to the Megans.
thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
To save your tires you might want to have the alignment checked and adjusted. My car came with coil-overs and was slammed. I took it back to a more sensible height and needed adjustment. Suspension was obviously tuned for a right-hand track, left and right front where different settings...

·
Æternum
20,585 Posts
To save your tires you might want to have the alignment checked and adjusted. My car came with coil-overs and was slammed. I took it back to a more sensible height and needed adjustment. Suspension was obviously tuned for a right-hand track, left and right front where different settings...
a four month bump! Nice!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
a four month bump! Nice!

OOppss. Missed that! Same guy just got all riled about street racing/track racing... I thought it was his new ride and never paid attention to the age of that post...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts