ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to subaru don't know nothing about boxer engines or how they work. I got a 100% stock wrx with 80k miles. I know that they come stock with 220 hp 10 years ago, ha. I am looking to get around 275 hp to the wheel, but have no idea where to start. If someone could point me to the right detection id glady appreciate it. I'm from the Portland, OR.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,217 Posts
Hello, follow the link in my signature.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
What dyno are you looking to make 275whp on?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That is a realistic goal so get a downpipe new injectors fuel pump and an E85 pro tune. That will probably get you there. It all depends on the motors health.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
KarlosPaiin said:
Don't really know what kinds there are.
Every dyno reads differently. Pick the shop you're trying to get 275whp on, then we can advise you accordingly.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
KarlosPaiin said:
That's where I'll go then
So 275hp should be no problem on my wrx
Surgeline doesn't have the heartbreaker CF like Innovative Tuning used to. You'll likely need an aftermarket turbo to get there, but you shouldn't have to go real large (VFXX would do it).

If your goal is 275whp, give them a call and ask them what it would take; they would be able to give you the best information, since they know their dyno best.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Hi, I'm new to subaru don't know nothing about boxer engines or how they work. I got a 100% stock wrx with 80k miles. I know that they come stock with 220 hp 10 years ago, ha. I am looking to get around 275 hp to the wheel, but have no idea where to start. If someone could point me to the right detection id glady appreciate it. I'm from the Portland, OR.
You are in Portland. Head over to PRE Racing, Performance Race Engineering.PREracing.com

Really good tuner and great guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts