ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just got a stock ej20 engine here. but basically im looking to upgrade engine power but dont know where to start :confused: any ideas anyone? heres a little information on it.

A little info about the mechanical bits:
2004 Version 8 JDM STi engine. this engine comes STOCK with forged connecting rods, forged crankshaft, and hypereutectic pistons. It has stiffer valve springs than the USDM STi, AVCS (variable cam timing) and an 8,000RPM redline.

Twin-scroll VF37 turbo
565cc STi injectors
NGK One Step Colder Iridium spark plugs
Walbro 255 fuel pump
3-port boost solenoid
AEM ram air intake
2.5” TurboXS turboback exhaust
STi Brembos, front and rear
JDM STi struts, springs, and A-arms
JDM STi close-ratio 6-speed transmission + clutch
R180 front and rear differentials
Axles, boots, tranny mounts and all supporting bits.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
welcome... So are you looking to purchase this or ?? Im confused.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks T0rque! I already have the engine and turbo, im just not sure what parts/set ups are recommended. i was looking into the 2.0-2.2l stroker upgrade, but im not sure if thats good or if anyone else has some advice. this car runs great as it is now, 12.6 on the 1/4 but im looking to knock that down to the 10-11 range.

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
I'm assuming the ECU was replaced as well?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it was zax, and yamaha the thread is asking about the supporting parts lol. i need to know the suggested parts to get the most performance and still be an every day driver.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
You can get a Garrett GTX3076R, something smaller like a Dominator 3.0XT-R Ball Bearing Turbocharger

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Im confused on what you are looking for then. Is the only thing you want to do is rebuild your engine?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Well, larger injectors, methanol injection, bigger tmic or fmic, turbo inlet, porting manifolds (exhaust/intake) and a pro tune may get you a faster 1/4 but Im not sure even that will make that huge of a difference, you almost need to look into different gearing.. the 6 speed in the 1/4 isnt amazing..

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Your VF37 even being twin scroll isnt going to get you into the 10s... Maybe with supporting mods for an upgrade you will hit high 11s..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so t0rque which turbo would you reccomend for me to trade for/ sell and save up for? i know a local shop that will do the porting mods. the 1/4 mile is just me saying in a way i want quick speed. i mean really the car hauls great through all of the gears and i like being able to go 115 and only at 5500-6000rpm in 5th, like tonight when i was running with an 03 i bumped into on the highway, and still have 6th to take me past the speedometer's max reading of 140. i dont want this thing being a little rice rocket but i would like it to be able to run with some higher performance luxury cars in my area owned by snobby old men.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I honestly dont know beings that you are running a twin scroll setup, I am not familiar enough with that type of set up to be able to give you any knowledgeable answer.. I know there is the people here with that knowledge

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ah alright thanks for your input anyway t0rque, hopefully someone will stumble upon this that knows more about this set up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts