ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from my thread on nasioc
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1389105

Ive found a wrecked 2004 STi and have access to the whole driveline/ braking system. Ive gotten all the parts brembos, rotors, pads and rear hubs.

what EXACTLY do I need for this swap? I've been reading up on a few threads and so far Ive seen that I will need the rear diff, axles, and hubs however Ive been thinking,

Isn't the STi rear diff a different ratio than the wrx? will replacing the oem wrx unit with an Sti unit throw anything off?

I've been searching on and off but cant find a specific thread listing everything that is required.

Im stripping the Sti on tue and need info badly.... any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
202 Posts
Searching is your BFF!!!

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Searching is your BFF!!!
STFU!!! I know I need to search! I been searching for a while but havent found a single person who has done it.. Its all guesswork so far.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
STFU!!! I know I need to search! I been searching for a while but havent found a single person who has done it.. Its all guesswork so far.
i find it funny when noobs come around and start telling people to search. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
202 Posts
i find it funny when noobs come around and start telling people to search. :rolleyes:
Wow, between being told to STFU and the whole search thing, I'm really feeling the love in here. Nothing more than a suggestion I was offering. Same suggestion that was offered to me when I have had questions.

As a N00b, I've learned the use the search function myself, and have managed to find a great deal of information through it.

I'm so incredibly happy that I could provide a source of entertainment for you.:screwy:

sheesh............:sadwave:

·
Registered
202 Posts
You know, I was gonna let it go but......

I now see that you've been here for a day or two, with lots and lots of posts. An oversight of mine when I suggested searching? Yes, I agree.

What I don't agree with is being told to STFU. Personally, I think it was uncalled for. The intention of my post was intended to be neither hostile or sarcastic.

What gives?!:confused:

Repectfully submitted,
Randy

·
Registered
148 Posts
Any Luck?

from my thread on nasioc
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1389105

Ive found a wrecked 2004 STi and have access to the whole driveline/ braking system. Ive gotten all the parts brembos, rotors, pads and rear hubs.

what EXACTLY do I need for this swap? I've been reading up on a few threads and so far Ive seen that I will need the rear diff, axles, and hubs however Ive been thinking,

Im stripping the Sti on tue and need info badly.... any help would be greatly appreciated
So any updates on how this went? You have an 02-03 year why would you replace the hubs just curious any benefits? Isnt the lug spacing 5x100 the same on 02-03 and 04 as well?

I wanted to get some STI BBS rims, but its hard to find 04 STI BBS 5x100 rims. Its easier to find the 5x114.3, and I was looking to just convert my hubs to 05 an up sti hubs and do the brakes while I was at it.

Just wondering if you had any luck with yours.

Where in Socal you from? Im in Corona (Riverside County) and dont know alot of subie owners that actually work on their own cars like I do. Everyone else I run into usually just take their cars to shops.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So any updates on how this went? You have an 02-03 year why would you replace the hubs just curious any benefits? Isnt the lug spacing 5x100 the same on 02-03 and 04 as well?

I wanted to get some STI BBS rims, but its hard to find 04 STI BBS 5x100 rims. Its easier to find the 5x114.3, and I was looking to just convert my hubs to 05 an up sti hubs and do the brakes while I was at it.

Just wondering if you had any luck with yours.

Where in Socal you from? Im in Corona (Riverside County) and dont know alot of subie owners that actually work on their own cars like I do. Everyone else I run into usually just take their cars to shops.

Sti Brembos(front are a direct bolt-on) ..I actually have those on the bugeye now. As for the rears, you need pretty much everything to be able to use the rear brembos, I looked into bigsky's link and its a great alternative BUT, I wanted the flexibility of being able to swap to larger rotors...a no go with this kit.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know, I was gonna let it go but......

I now see that you've been here for a day or two, with lots and lots of posts. An oversight of mine when I suggested searching? Yes, I agree.

What I don't agree with is being told to STFU. Personally, I think it was uncalled for. The intention of my post was intended to be neither hostile or sarcastic.

What gives?!:confused:

Repectfully submitted,
Randy
yeah I guess I over-reacted..sorry but my desperate need to get the info got the best me. my apologies to you :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts