Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are a couple of my buddies ///we did some 2nd gear rolls and a couple of races from a stop. I kept messing up my launches ///but the results weren't that bad.

both the E46 M3 and the E39 M5 are stock.

The EVO has a turbo back exhaust, chip and some other things.

My car(WRX) has a VF34, APS TMIC, TB exhaust, injectors, fuel pump, uppipe, etc....

enjoy the vids....

THE LINK IS CURRENTLY DOWN/// I NEED SOME ONE TO HOST IT.

THANKS,

·
Registered
146 Posts
even with the slower launches you were able to pull real well against both those cars, real impressive. Too bad you didn't get the m5 from the roll, I assume to lost it in 4th gear? Nice vids

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jungdragon said:
even with the slower launches you were able to pull real well against both those cars, real impressive. Too bad you didn't get the m5 from the roll, I assume to lost it in 4th gear? Nice vids
vid #3 is the M5 from a roll// I took it till about 120MPH that's when he passed me.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I dont know what it is, but M5s can flat out HAUL at speed...that was the only car I ever ran in my old supercharged GT that I couldnt pull on at high speed :(

very nice vids

·
Registered
249 Posts
Looked like fun. :) A point of general observation: Keeping your windows open at high speeds may help capture the exhaust and motor sounds on video, but it also hinders your acceleration due to the increased wind drag. Something to consider if you decide to run your buddy in the M5 again from a roll. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dan00Hawk said:
Looked like fun. :) A point of general observation: Keeping your windows open at high speeds may help capture the exhaust and motor sounds on video, but it also hinders your acceleration due to the increased wind drag. Something to consider if you decide to run your buddy in the M5 again from a roll. :)
My windows have a dark tint, so I had the passenger-side window down so that the cameraman could do his job. :D

I'm gonna run the M5 again this weekend//I'm also gonna run my friend's Viper GTS (0-60 only :( ). I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
346 Posts
BassMan097 said:
even better...the auto m3's are slow...
Slow?? haha right. Edit---> not as fast as 6sp maybe

Whats with the ///M5 badge in the grill of the m5 in the pics?
it looks cheap and cheesy. One must be very delicate when messing with the appearance of a newer ///M... chances are it will end up looking cheap.

·
Registered
337 Posts
My definition of slow/fast is different from most. Once you take a ride in an 800 whp supra, m3's, m5's, etc seem like civics...But you're right, it isnt slow per se, but noticeably slower than the 6spd. Why anyone would get an m3 in auto is beyond me anyway...

·
Registered
346 Posts
<---Thread Pirate

wow.. 800whp... I take it that def wasnt on the stock bottom end!
What kinda numbers did/does that thing put on the board at the track?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Nice kills. I ran an m5 once and I had it to 120 mph before we shut down. The cars are soo heavey its our advantage. I love them though I surprised the EVO didnt put up more of a fight. Im not looking forward to running into those this summer...Especially modded ones..

·
Registered
103 Posts
holy.. I have the EXACT same setup. What kind of boost you running? I went conservative with an ECUTek tune and only did 16 psi. I ran into some sort of new mercedes but he wasn't game, he was just cruising steady at 95, but he did slow down when I slowed down to like 70 and he finally went around and I just got on it to see what would happen and I was catching him until he got up to his cruising pace (95). He leveled off so I just backed off and got some gas. I didn't want to harrass the poor guy. Oh I got to cruise by an sti for 40 miles or so on I17, but he wasn't game either, so we just made people do a double take as one rex passed and then the little brother came up right behind. Of course gave him the thumbs up as I passed him and waved as I got off. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fre said:
holy.. I have the EXACT same setup. What kind of boost you running? I went conservative with an ECUTek tune and only did 16 psi.
I'm running 18lbs of boost. The car pulls very strong, and the lag is the same as when it was stock if not less. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
AWD Turbo 4 said:
I'm running 18lbs of boost. The car pulls very strong, and the lag is the same as when it was stock if not less. :)
Have you had your car on a dyno? If so what kind of dyno and how much power? Makes me wanna go retune it with 17 psi :D I'm only getting 252hp/221tq to the wheels on a dyno dynamics, which I think is pretty average, so I wonder what another psi will get me hrmmm. On a dynojet I think I would get like 270-275 hp and 240-245 tq. I wanna shoot for 260ish torque and 290 hp (dynojet) or 240ish torque and 270ish hp on the dyno dynamics :)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.