ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so about six months ago my struts went so i replaced them with OEM replacements but they seem to give to much, so much so that when i had some of my heavier set friends in the car that when taking tighter turns my rear wheel wells would actually touch the tires. what would be a good stiffer strut without lowering the car too much?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
You might need stiffer springs and struts. Koni's with RCE black springs might be a good option.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
The strut shouldn't lower the car at all, which spring is used with the strut generally determines ride height.

I'm currently running KYB AGX gas adjustable struts with Eibach pro-kit springs. The struts have four settings for dampening 1 being the softest and 4 being the stiffest, I usually leave them on 3. Tokiko D-Specs as well as Koni's are also a good choices for upgraded struts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are there any good strut/spring combos out there or is it better to buy the struts and springs separately? and what would be good for springs if i am looking for a nice stiff ride?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Stop browsing eBay for parts. For every 1 truly good deal you'll find, you have to weed out 100 bad ones.

Is the car strictly a DD? Auto-X?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the car is a daily driver i just want something a little stiffer, the ones on there now feel like they give to much on turns.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
CDubREX said:
the car is a daily driver i just want something a little stiffer, the ones on there now feel like they give to much on turns.
What springs are currently on the car?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
stock, i forget the name but i got em used cause i was in a pinch for cash
Wait why did you buy used springs? I thought you just replaced the struts? :confused:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Before you get crazy with new springs and struts, what tires are you using? I'm assuming the shop did an alignment after replacing the struts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have nitro neos on 17" zen's and yes I did get an allignments after. But these wheels are coming off soon and my all seasons on stock rims are going on soon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts