ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off from a stop sign and started to climb a hill today and noticed the sound of the car got different and the check engine light came on. When i came to the next stop sign it was idling rough. So i pulled over and plugged in my Accessport and got cylinder 1, 2, 3, and 4 misfire codes. Any ideas on what this could be?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Misfire on all cylinders means something that affects the whole engine like Mass Air Flow Sensor, fuel delivery/pressure, things like that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks. Changed the fuel filter and ran injector cleaner through it. We just had the timing belt and new radiator put in about 300 miles ago. Still idling bad and throwing the code. Spark plugs only have 3,000 on them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Any chance the timing belt skipped a tooth?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After the timing belt job the car started making a whirring sound that never was their before. And then about 300 miles after it i got the rough idling and all four cylinder misfire code.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Take it back to whoever did the timing belt sounds like they may have done something wrong

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wouldn't, having misfires on all four its not safe to drive and may cause more damage. call the shop and tell them Whatchat happened. they should offer to tow it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i called the shop and they didnt offer to tow it and they are acting like it wasnt their fault. So idk what to do at this point.

·
Registered
42 Posts
When I was working for Mercedes more often than not when there was multiple misfires it was the MAF. Make sure it has a good connection and check all your intake plumbing to make sure it isn't getting unmetered air

·
Registered
42 Posts
And also just because the MAF is clean doesn't mean its working

1 - 20 of 31 Posts