Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is for all of you electrical gurus out there,

I have been having a very odd electrical problem with my 2002 WRX which seems to be a resistance issue. The issue is that when the car is warm after being driven, it won't start (clicks but not cranking). To get it to start again, I have to roll it or wait a few minutes. I have replaced the battery, starter, battery terminals, and the negative wire coming off the battery (was reading 4 ohms of resistance when checked). The weird part is that after I replaced each of these things, the issue would go away and come back after a month or two. My next guess is to start looking at the fuel pump, as it is the next likely culprit. I have reason to believe this because my trunk leaks, and I already have issues with my fuel gauge. I would always throw the code for a fuel level sender high circuit A (po463 I believe). But if it was fuel pump related, wouldn't it crank at least? Please help me out, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,426 Posts
Sorry man, I'm horrible with electrical gremlins. I would consider checking engine grounds. Maybe as it gets hot the ground connection gets worse due to expansion or something.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply, and thats not a problem, neither am I. That was my next order of operation but I am kind of at the limit of what I can do myself. I only have limited knowledge of DC circuits.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
Just saw this thread.

I have personally run into an issue where no fuel pressure caused no spark to the engine. But in my case the engine did still crank, just no spark. I replaced the fuel pump and it then ran fine. This was my GMC van. I doubt this is your problem, though.

Have you replaced the starter relay?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts