ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im basically pulling the hair out of my head trying to figure out what in the world to do, ive had a bad misfire on my car now for a while and every time i drive the car i cant go past 4k and it spits and sputters whenever i do and feels like it has stalled but will suddenly start driving again, when it does this it will throw a misfire code for cylinder 2 and 4 only (P0302 P0304). ive scoured these forums and nasioc to find that maf, fuel filter, plugs, and coils are the best bet, ive replaced all and still runs like garbage, ive seen that boost/vacuum leaks can also cause this issue but i have no idea where to begin to do that.
My mods are
Perrin BPV
Perrin turbo inlet
Catless tbe
K&n typhoon short ram intake
(Not sure if previous owner had car tuned at one point)
Any and all advice will be very much appreciated

·
10,686 Posts
Well if its not tuned there is a super high possibility the engine is dead. I hope this isn't the case as to fix this correctly its a 10k dollar ordeal easily.

In your boots my first step would to just find a shop that deals with performance subarus, take it there and have them do a full look over the car and the software installed to the ecu.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if its not tuned there is a super high possibility the engine is dead. I hope this isn't the case as to fix this correctly its a 10k dollar ordeal easily.

In your boots my first step would to just find a shop that deals with performance subarus, take it there and have them do a full look over the car and the software installed to the ecu.
Would the stealership be able to do that? the closest performance subaru shop is over an hour and a half away.

·
10,686 Posts
Would the stealership be able to do that? the closest performance subaru shop is over an hour and a half away.
They can tell you if there is a mechanical problems or that there isn't a oem tune. They can do nothing to rectify a tune issue aside from installing all oem kit

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They can tell you if there is a mechanical problems or that there isn't a oem tune. They can do nothing to rectify a tune issue aside from installing all oem kit
By oem kit you mean the tune or would they bring my car back to stock? (Im new to this whole subaru thing)

·
10,686 Posts
Bring your car entirely back to stock. Considering the price of some items it wouldn't be cheap

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did you replace all coils or just 2 & 4? I had a similar misfire in cylinder 3 and ruled out the coil by swapping from another cylinder, connector repair, plugs, leak checks, etc. Tried injectors. Finally fixed with four new coils.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you replace all coils or just 2 & 4? I had a similar misfire in cylinder 3 and ruled out the coil by swapping from another cylinder, connector repair, plugs, leak checks, etc. Tried injectors. Finally fixed with four new coils.
I got the code for 2 and 4 but figured might as well do all 4 for preventive maintenance along with new plugs (NGK iridium IX gapped to .028)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts