ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, kinda new to this whole ordeal so forgive me if all my information isnt correct. I have come into ownership of a 2002 bugeye in the past few months, and I plan on doing a build on it. As i am making a list for it, I would like to put new wheels and tires on the car. I;m looking at 17s and not particularly heavier due to possibly drivetrain loss. Does anyone know what kind of brand i should look into, and something thats not super arm and leg expensive?

·
Æternum
19,598 Posts
Not sure exactly what you have now. If 16s, I'm betting they're like 17 lbs. The Ultras in 17x8 would be about 20 lbs
The OZ Ultralegerra in 17x8" is just over 17 lbs.

It's a very good wheel for the price. They are heavier than the OEM 16" wheels (about 15 lbs) but the ENTIRE rotating assembly of tire+wheel will be much less. I loved them on my Bug.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,420 Posts
Enkei RPF1 is around the same weight and I have Enkei wheels on 3 of my cars right now — all came OEM. High quality and lower price I suspect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations on your 2002 bugeye. I love mine. Yes, the O-Zs have been good for me. I have Michelin Pilot Sports on mine. Enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts