ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at WRX's because it was the only other choice besides a VW GTI that I'd get.

Here's the car: wrx

he wants to trade me that for my 2003 VW 20th Anniversary GTI. 90k Miles, exterior and interior is 9/10, engine and suspension, anything else mechanical is also 9/10.

I bought my gti for 8000.

What I want to know, is if this would be a fair trade. Seeing as the WRX has 130k Miles. Also, the wrx is claimed to be cobb stage 2, but the previous owner never gave him accessport. He says he gets 16 PSI though.

If anyone can give me any tips, please DO SO!!

I'm very excited to get into the subaru wrx game, but I need the communities advice, as I don't want to get screwed over. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
big NO from me on this one.

when you buy a used subaru, the last thing you want is one that's modified.

youre also trading for something that's older with higher mileage than what you have now. doesnt make much sense IMO.

i'd maybe look at selling your car privately and using that money to buy a newer wrx like michael said. 04+ or 06+ if that's within budget.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Maybe for an unmolested 04-05 with similar mileage, but not a modded bugeye.
This

big NO from me on this one.

when you buy a used subaru, the last thing you want is one that's modified.

youre also trading for something that's older with higher mileage than what you have now. doesnt make much sense IMO.

i'd maybe look at selling your car privately and using that money to buy a newer wrx like michael said. 04+ or 06+ if that's within budget.
That

100% agreed.

You know what is done to your car, what maintenance has been done, and how it was kept. You have no earthly idea what the previous owner did to that WRX and how he treated it. And if it's Cobb Stage 2, and no AP came with it? Shady.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts