ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering selling my Baby. It's a 2002 Subaru WRX, turbo, 5 speed. This is one nice car in excellent shape. It has had everything you would want to do to her already done. She has over $9,000 alone in a new Subaru performance built engine. It was professionally built using a new OEM Subaru short block. Larger Turbo, injectors, interchange cooler, Cobb Access Point, Cat back exhaust, radiator, drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic brakes, OZ 18" racing wheels, transmission with hardened gears, clutch, pressure plate, axels and projector head lights to name a few of the upgrades. This baby has definitely got it when you want it but under normal driving still gets 25 mpg, plus she sounds great. No high pitched whine from this one. She's got a deep, throaty almost V8 sound. The only negative is a few dings and scratches I haven't repaired yet. It has 152K on car, approximately 45K on engine and around 15 on transmission and clutch. I am only considering selling due to just getting married and the wife hates it. She says it hurts her neck. ( I made the mistake of getting on it while she was in the car and now she says "I WILL NEVER RIDE IN THAT CAR AGAIN) Go figure. It has never been raced. I am older (let's be honest, I'm old) and only get on it to pass some of these idiot drivers we have around here. (or to make a staement) It has been taken excellent care of and virtually everything on the car is new. I will take $10,000 for it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I would try to be more specific with the details if I were you. I know I for one won't consider buying something unless I know what it is.

For instance "Subaru performance built engine", what does that mean? What block? There are several different Subaru blocks.. Forged pistons? Drop in, or custom bored? Stock crank? Nitrated? Rods? Has it been balanced?

What turbo is on it? What does "hardened gears" mean? PPGs? Helical, or straight cut?

And probably most important, who built the block?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I'd get a divorce. Anyone who tells me they won't ride in my car again gets ejected at 60mph...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts