Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any specs on 2002 RS, my friend is interested in a new car and this is one of my reccommendations but I can't find any specs on it. I think a magazine did a review on it versus like the Focus SVT and SE-R but I couldn't find anything on it. Anyone have these specs? Thanks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well what do you think, Focus SVT, Sentra SE-R or Tiburon GT. I'm thinking SE-R so far since it already has quite a few aftermarket parts for it.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
My sister has a 2002 Sentra SE-R, automatic (unfortunately).

My review:

POSITIVES:
Handles like it's on rails and goes like a bat out of hell, nice stereo, great interior fit and finish. Nice looking wheels, mean looking front.

NEGATIVES:
Twitchy off-center steering and the 2.5L makes this car torque steers like a mofo. It just picks up the front end of the car and slides it to the right. I'm sure you get used to the steering, but the WRX is SO solid on center, that I notice.

The Spec V has more power, but it's just in the exhaust. Six speed in nice, but the interior is HIDEOUS!

This is hands down THE BEST sporty sedan you can buy for $18,000.

Forget the 2.5RS, the SE-R will outhandle and outbrake the 2.5RS and will flat-out STOMP it in acceleration. I have driven both cars with automatics for a substantial amount of time, BTW.

IMO, the new Nissan 2.5L is the most advanced I4 engine currently on the market. It features Continously variable valve timing and a variable intake manifold to produce [email protected] and peak torque of 175 [email protected] It gives up only coil-on-plug ignition and a turbocharger to the STi flat-four (mmm 8,000 rpm redline).

·
Registered
316 Posts
I say SE-R spec V or the new Civic Si. Or wait for the RSX-R to come out. And is the Neon SRT-4 suppose to be around $20,000 too? That should be a nice car too.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I think the Focus SVT is pretty interesting. There are new Foci coming out for 2003 as well. Not to mention a bunch of low cost performance cars like Dodge/Chrysler Razor, Pontiac Solstice and as mentioned above, SRT4, though the former two benefit from being RWD.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
i've got major problems with ford. there have been a TON of recalls on the focus' previous models. i doubt tuning it would help the reliability issue.

they called it back for defective wheel cylinders. i guess they were locking up. jesus christ, imagine that on the highway?

dR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts