Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister just picked up her 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R last night. Unfortunately it's an automatic, but I just couldn't talk her into a stick. We are coming home from the dealership at about 10:30 when I pull up beside her at a light. I roll down the window and I say, "Let's see what you've got." She says, "Your car is way faster that mine." So I say, "I'll give you a one car's length head start." The light goes green and I end up giving her about a car length and a half because of a crappy launch. We agreed to shut down at 60 mph because we were in a 40 mph zone and traffic was light, but present.

What happened next truly shocked me: I COULDN'T CATCH HER! That little car moves. I started to pull on her around 50 mph, but she was just starting to shut down. I got behind her and we come up to the light. She's next to a Toyota Camry and probably scared the crap out the guy when she lit up the tires for a good second or two when the light changed.

When we got home I told her NO head start next time!

-Jim

·
Registered
316 Posts
She didn't break the car in?!?!?! :eek: hehe

It's really hard to catch up when you give them head start. I raced my friend in his Civic Si. He launched, and I didn't. I finally caught up to him at around 65-70 mph.

Oh btw, how come she didn't buy the V-spec???!?!?! :D

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TristineLim, she didn't get the Spec-V for a number of reasons:

1) It's not out yet and she needed a car NOW. In fact, she got the first SE-R that this dealership received and one of the first in the area.

2) The Spec-V only comes in a six-speed and she wanted an automatic.

3) She probably couldn't afford the Spec-V, she needed my help to the tune of $4200 for the downpayment to afford the SE-R.

As for breaking it in, no, she seems to be abusing the power already. I told her tonight that she really has to take it easy on the car to let it break in.

-Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts