ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this part of the country do most of you have two sets of rims/tires for your WRX's?
If you use only one set of tires/rims what size and type do you prefer?

Thanks

·
Registered
880 Posts
kite_tmr said:
In this part of the country do most of you have two sets of rims/tires for your WRX's?
If you use only one set of tires/rims what size and type do you prefer?

Thanks
I just got some new rims... I'm going to keep my stock ones and throw those on during winter (ice+gravel+accident=:( :mad: ). My new ones are 17s... um.... to answer your question, keep your stock ones:D ;)

-Jon-

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Alot of people have two sets, and alot of people have one set. If you don't really go into the mountains, you can get away with a Continental ExtremeContact in the stock tire size. Its a high performance all season thats pretty good in the snow. Since it only really snows hard in town a few times a year, this is a cost effective route.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have two sets.

Winter - stock with snow tires because I drive back and forth to the mountains 60+ times a winter.

Summer - 17's with sticky tires.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i've got 2 sets of rims. One with snow tires and one with summer tires. the snow's are on 16" konig rims - they're yokahama AVS winters. The summers are on 17" prodrive rims - they're es100's

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've only got one set, and I just replaced the RE92's with a set of Pirelli P Zero Nero M+S. They are great in the wet and dry so far, and are supposedly not bad in the snow either. I haven't been able to test them yet, but if they are at least as good as the RE92's (which they should be) I'll be happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts