ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys went for a drive yesterday... Up 501 to 81 (for
You SWVA guys) and its the first time with the springs, and new sways. The sway set up is 25 on the stiffest up front and 22 set to the stiffest in the rear, both Perrin sways.

The car takes the hairpins wonderfully but I did notice a bit of roll. Will upgrading from the stock endlinks with my current setup really make a huge difference? Or should I reserve that purchase for track days?

Also the Pitch Stop, any preferences? Agency Power? Kart boy?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Huge difference? No, but are a good idea. The OEM links will be more stressed than what they were designed for when using stiffer bars.

There are two types; spherical bearings and stiff plastic bushings. The spherical bearings do not allow for any lateral deflection making the most of the bars. They can be a tad noisy and should be lubed every so often.

Stiff bushing links (Kartboy, Whiteline are good examples) do allow some deflection, but are quieter and maintenance free.

I have had Pol-Tec spherical bearing rear end links for 6.5+ years of trouble free service. Perrin also makes a good spherical bearing link. I have superb custom made (by one of our moderators) spherical links up front.

The GroupN pitch stopper is a good choice in addition to those you mentioned.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
As Bill says...endlinks are definitely the weakest link now (pun intended?)

Definitely look into them and you will improve your suspension setup even further.

Pitch Stop mount is hit or miss...some love it, some hate it. It will create more NVH in the cabin though. I've seen the best reviews given by those with Kartboy and Group-N.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Pitch Stop is def a good idea in my opinion, get a better feel for driving experience and not too much shaking in cabin bay (although I don't care, some may care about the extra movement in the cabin area).

If you need one, let me know.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
The Group-N pitch stop mount is half the price of other alternatives for a reason. This is one of those "aftermarket or stock" scenerios, in my opinion.

I'm a big fan of both the IxizConcepts / Beatrush ones.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
I have the AP pitch stop. I don't care about NVH. It's awesome.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The N and H are subjective right? The louder more violent the better :)

Except on shifts. Smooth please! The Vibration might be annoying. I will have to take a closer look I guess. I thought it might be like the STS and get a majority of responses on 1 brand. The AP seems reasonably priced

1 - 7 of 7 Posts