Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am sure that there are no current WRX models that have a two door configuration however a person on another site that I belong to claims to have spotted a blue 2-door WRX in FL. I know hes wrong, but what could he possibly have seen or is there a coupe version of the RS that could have been badged WRX?

If you have anwers great. If you got some pics, even better. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Well, the name "WRX" has always stayed with the 4-door, even with the previous generation Imprezas. The 2-doors have been the RS's, although I'm not sure if they are still called RS's overseas.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
2 door Impreza - US model of the rally car before the WRX came here

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So then, most likely this was a older model 2 door impreza that some rice-*** decided to badge WRX?

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Dr. Ducats said:
So then, most likely this was a older model 2 door impreza that some rice-*** decided to badge WRX?
I wouldn't use that exact terminology, but yeah, probably...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Verdugo said:

I wouldn't use that exact terminology, but yeah, probably...
You wouldn't? I see that your username says "I sense much Rice in you". Anyway, if anyone else has other info great, if not thanks for the help. I mostly read here and not post, but you guys are always way cool and polite.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Dr. Ducats said:

You wouldn't? I see that your username says "I sense much Rice in you". Anyway, if anyone else has other info great, if not thanks for the help. I mostly read here and not post, but you guys are always way cool and polite.
"Ricer" or "Riceboy" but not "Rice-***"...

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I think we're just more into using clean language, but you definitly got the idea correct

·
Registered
126 Posts
wombat said:
The only 2 door WRX we get here in aussie is the... STi :)
comes in 2 and 4 door now 195 KW 6 spd Manual :D (should be "206 KW") damn 98 octane fuel:mad:
I am not sure we get the current shape STI as an optional 2 door?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Im pretty sure that the WRX model only comes in 4drs. WRX is based on the Rally WRX WRC. WRC regulates that all cars be 4drs, 2.0L and Turbocharged. This is why you wont find any 2dr WRX's....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nexus6 said:
Im pretty sure that the WRX model only comes in 4drs. WRX is based on the Rally WRX WRC. WRC regulates that all cars be 4drs, 2.0L and Turbocharged. This is why you wont find any 2dr WRX's....
We had the older model WRX STI's in a 2 door.....I have heaps of pics......

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Nexus6 said:
I don't think the 4 doors thing is accurate...both the Peugeot 206 and Ford Focus RS rally cars are two-door...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Technically Speaking....

Verdugo said:

I don't think the 4 doors thing is accurate...both the Peugeot 206 and Ford Focus RS rally cars are two-door...
I think they are actually considered 3-door.

or, as RSXRicer200 would put it, I call BS I call BS. nanny nanny nanny. jk :D :D

Clavo

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Re: Technically Speaking....

ClavoWRX said:

I think they are actually considered 3-door.

or, as RSXRicer200 would put it, I call BS I call BS. nanny nanny nanny. jk :D :D

Clavo
LOL

"Think what you want!"

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Impreza turbo WRX not available in 2door for previous gen? Some of you don't seem to have followed Suby before the North American release of the WRX.
As for a previous gen WRX in US or Canada, it is very possible that a RS->WRX conversion was done. Here in Quebec, there are quite a few rally shops offering such conversions for RS owners, particularly those wanting to rally.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
"Yo, think what you want I'm not here to flame I'm just stating the facts :cool: "

-I think we all know where that's from

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you all for being so helpful. If the person who said that they have heaps of pics of the old 2-door model could post one or two would love to see it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts