Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It wasn't even close. That car went down faster than an out of work actress. Yes, I know it is like clubbing baby seals, but it was still fun. I didn't realize it was on until I saw the front of his car lift drastically. Hence, I just launched in commuter mode.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Nice kill, you have any mods? I thought those things were kinda quick, guess not. Probably too heavy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I am slightly modded:

go fast:
Blitz EBC (14.5psi)
K&N panel filter, silencer removed
UD pulley
BPM GT 3" turbo-back
TurboXS TMIC
VF22

turn/stop:
H&R Springs
Whiteline sways
ALK
SS lines
Wilwood 4pots
DBA rotors
17" OZ Superleggeras/Toyo t-1 proxes (215-45-17)

EcuTek, STi injectors & pump go in this spring/summer. Keep in mind that I'm ~5500ft, so I can get away with running this setup & not tweak fuel. The stock ECU has done damn well keeping up. I have run track days & canyon cruises on this setup with no problem.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wow way to go Paul!! I am mildly impressed to say the least since you basically raced a "luxory version" of the S4! I figured it would be closer than that :).

Good job.... now if only I could find a 'overly cocky' S4 owner muhahaha [heh].

·
Registered
559 Posts
those A6 2.7 bi-turbo are not fast.
I smoked a friend of mine that have one of those and it was not that close.
From a sotp light there is no way they can beat a stock WRX.
They are rated at 6.7 seconds for the 0 to 60 MPH time.
Tuca

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jim -

Actually, I would guess that I'm in the 280HP range. This altitude doesn't help any. :)

Tuca -

Yep, I knew it was going to be a slaughter, but I can't help myself when a car that cost almost 2x mine steps up. Now I just need to redeem myself regarding my last S4 encounter, which I lost due to crappy driving.

Dave -

Maybe we could go hunting together <evil grin>. I'll hook 'em and you clean 'em & fry 'em. :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
tuca33 said:
Tuca
Problem with the A6 is that it's a 3800lb manual or a 3950lb tiptronic.

Stock Manual WRX Sedan = 13.6 lbs to 1hp.

Stock Manual A6 2.7T = 15.2 lbs to 1 hp

I'm not surprised. They can be chipped, though, like an S4.

Guy at work has one. If I *had* to have a big car, it's a nice choice, but give me something smaller and more nimble any day.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I raced one in my 96' Bonneville SSEi, and he killed me off the line once we both got traction, but I ended up even with him before I had to switch out of 2nd around 85MPH (slushboxes suck, but this one is indestructable).

I'm not sure what year it was, but it had the 2.7TT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not that fast?? That's not entirely true

tuca33 said:
Tuca

If your friend has a tip version, then he's running about 15.1's in the 1/4. Stock 6 spds (like mine) run 14.6-14.7's. My 6 spd runs 14.4's @ 96 mph regularly (on crappy 2.1 60's)

To compare your "mostly stock"WRX to a stock A6 2.7 is definitely apples to oranges.

There are a few A6 guys who have gone stark-raving mad and done turbo swaps, with ECU's and downpipes. One fellow in MA has had several runs with an M5, and he can beat him handily until 130ish, then the M5 will walk him.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aren't the A6's a 2.7 single turbo?
Only the S4's are bi-turbo.

·
Registered
142 Posts
SHO said:
Well, I guess I stand corrected! Thanks for the info.
Not a problem. I spent so much time trying to figure out how to get into a car with that engine, I got pretty familiar with it.

Finally gave up.;)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Re: Not that fast?? That's not entirely true

Jim Will said:
If your friend has a tip version, then he's running about 15.1's in the 1/4. Stock 6 spds (like mine) run 14.6-14.7's. My 6 spd runs 14.4's @ 96 mph regularly (on crappy 2.1 60's)

To compare your "mostly stock"WRX to a stock A6 2.7 is definitely apples to oranges.

There are a few A6 guys who have gone stark-raving mad and done turbo swaps, with ECU's and downpipes. One fellow in MA has had several runs with an M5, and he can beat him handily until 130ish, then the M5 will walk him.
My friends A6 is brand new,Model 2002 and is 6 speeds.
Its not fast man,,i dont know why ,but it dont have the same agressive launch as the WRX have.
From Top end,,Yes they are faster,,But not very much.
Tuca

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't understand you reasoning, but it's your opinion

tuca33 said:
My friends A6 is brand new,Model 2002 and is 6 speeds.
Its not fast man,,i dont know why ,but it dont have the same agressive launch as the WRX have.
From Top end,,Yes they are faster,,But not very much.
Tuca
If stock WRX's run 14.4-14.5's and they are pretty fast, and a stock A6 runs the same, then it's not fast.

The A6 weighs over 4000lbs with driver(mine weighs 4180 with a 220 lb. driver and 1/2 tank of fuel), and it doesn't feel as fast as it is. It's also a MUCH bigger car, so it won't feel as aggressive on launch.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I think the A6 its easier to launch,,but get a good driver in a WRX and the 1/4 mile times will be much lower than 14.4.
It would be something like high 13's or 14 flat.
Thanks
Tuca

1 - 19 of 19 Posts