ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently trying to decide what car I want to get next. I was originally looking at the acura rsx type s...still an option but im kind of leaning towards another subaru. I've had 2 02 wrx's in the past, and I really regret selling my last one. Right now im looking at the 06-07 impreza 2.5i and the wrx. The wrx would be nice, but im wanting to move out of my parents in the next year so i'd like something reliable and cheaper on insurance. Im just kinda worried about the turbo'd engines, because both subarus i had in the past had engine failures. The first one had its engine replaced right before I bought it and the other, I bought with a rod knock and had a new engine put in. Im pretty sure they were abused, but i've seen so many with engine failures. I assume the quality between the 2.5i and wrx is the same, just upgraded parts on the wrx? I've researched this a bit already. I've seen people asking questions like this and most say just get the wrx, but power isn't really an issue to me...i could focus on the suspension and brakes, which are lacking, even on the wrx.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I'd say if you can find a stock 06 wrx go with that! I was lucky and found one that was leased and used as a family car before I got mine. It was driven by the previous owners wife and only had slight road rash on the wheels! It does seem like you would be happy with just an impreza though from the sounds of it.

I've seen a few guys and gals on this forum that have very high mileage wrx's that they just took very good care and left stock or mostly stock.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Most of us would say purchase the Wrx because we are on a car forum and are enthusiasts. Going from STi to Wrx to STi to Wrx to 2.5 while my Wrx was in the shop was absolutely terrible.. The cars are so dis-similar it's unreal.. The way the 2.5 drives is about as night and day different from the Wrx as an 02 Wrx is from an 11 STi.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd like a wrx but idk. Insurance is another thing...I was paying 190 a month full coverage on the 02 wrx, where as I'm paying 60 full coverage on an 04 ford ranger with the same insurance company.

And I'd imagine it was so different because of softer suspension and an n/a engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts